Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 Days and counting for a model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

First post- I am about 20 days out from a purchase. I have narrowed my focus to a model X. I am looking for some guidance on where this community would start for value. I think I am looking 2016-2018, with under 30K miles. My price range is under 82K. Where would be the best place to start to find the best value, with considerations for warranty.

These communities are really the experts for this subject. Any knowledge your willing to share is much appreciated.

• Helpful
Reactions: sach32
I would avoid an early VIN model from 2016 if you are going to buy an AP1 equipped vehicle, mainly bc it took them awhile to dial in the falcon wing doors. Personally, I would really focus on getting an X with AP2 as they will keep getting better over the next several years. Don’t be scared of high mileage and you can save a lot of money by seeking them out. The battery pack is the same as the Model S so the X has benefited from Tesla’s experience since 2012 (and before with the original roadster).

Check eBay, Autotrader, Craigslist (be aware of deals too good to be true) and my personal favorite onlyusedteslas.com which is a fantastic site (I listed 3 vehicles through the owner Adam and he is super helpful!). GLW your purchase!

Reactions: copyhacker
Another thing to keep in mind... the federal tax rebate gets cut in half for new Teslas starting July 1st and Tesla will be very motivated to move cars at the end of this quarter. On top of that they just updated the drivetrain on the S and X so you will likely be able to pick up a REALLY GOOD deal from Tesla directly on a new inventory car with the old (but still great) motors (still the same battery packs).