Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 EV parking bays, all ICEd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I went to the Cheung Sha Wan Government building car park, to have a look. Nice setup, but all 20 bays had ICE cars parked in them.

Given the number of EVs in Hong Kong, I have mixed thoughts about this. If the bays were restricted to just EV parking+charging, then most likely there would be on average 19-to-20 bays sitting empty all day long. In a few years time, who know, but today that would be the reality. But, allowing ICE vehicles to park there means the bays are next to useless, as EVs can't get near them.

Went back to Cheung Sha Wan yesterday. Seems that some action has been taken, and they have now temporarily marked off 2 of the 20 spots as "Priority Parking space for Electric Vehicle". One of the two spaces was even free (the other was ICEd, as were the other 18 spaces).

Wonderful. I backed in, connected to charge, and then noticed the sign: "Maintenance in Progress. Out of Order", dated 11th July 2013 (or 7th November 2013?). I checked the other 19 spots, and none had such a sign. Of course, the charging socket wasn't working.

I can only conclude that this was done on purpose. Someone doesn't want to support EVs, is being forced to put in these spots, and is doing their damnest to make sure they are not usable. The alternative (incompetence) is just too unbelievable.

evfail.png