Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 20" Forgiato E Vecolo EV 001 Wheel Set - AERO+ Centers - Model 3 & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick shipping, great packaging and great communication!

Getting these installed tomorrow at 8a and planning to go with the inserts on the passenger side, no inserts on the driver side. I’ll post proper photos tomorrow once I get the camera out.

65A3B988-A756-43AD-A8DE-0A494892241D.jpeg

Pics as promised.

Personally, I think the car needs lowered to be able to run the caps to look good. I love the "naked" look as is, but will likely run with the aero caps for long trips and once I lower the car.

That said, any recommendations on lowering solutions for the Model Y? I'm considering the UPP moderate springs as a cheaper solution as the MPP Coilovers are a bit more than I'd like to spend right now. But I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, all!

Pics as promised.

Personally, I think the car needs lowered to be able to run the caps to look good. I love the "naked" look as is, but will likely run with the aero caps for long trips and once I lower the car.

That said, any recommendations on lowering solutions for the Model Y? I'm considering the UPP moderate springs as a cheaper solution as the MPP Coilovers are a bit more than I'd like to spend right now. But I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, all!
I actually think it looks just flat phenomenal with the covers on and the black car. The satin against the chrome spokes is sick. Very interested in the efficiency with and without caps... let us know in 2000 miles?

I actually think it looks just flat phenomenal with the covers on and the black car. The satin against the chrome spokes is sick. Very interested in the efficiency with and without caps... let us know in 2000 miles?
The spokes are actually a gloss black. The reflection may give off a "chrome" look as opposed to the matte finish of the covers. But they're gloss black.

Pics as promised.

Thanks, all!
Bo, I think they look absolutely killer on your Model Y!! Especially in this pic:
K1GvdJP.jpg

Have you thought about getting chunkier tires rather than lowering to close the fender gap a bit?

Here's 275/40/20 on a 20x10 +35
IMG_0544.jpg.webp

Your photos are fantastic btw!

Danny

Now that I have the aero covers on both sides of the car, I took ~100 miles sample of mixed city / highway of real world driving.
This involves flooring it here and there to get onto freeway on ramps, not babying it at all. Tires are Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20 & 265/30/20

1623374447038.jpeg

1623374766980.jpeg

So it looks like the covers do add to efficiency after all :)

Danny

Now that I have the aero covers on both sides of the car, I took ~100 miles sample of mixed city / highway of real world driving.
This involves flooring it here and there to get onto freeway on ramps, not babying it at all. Tires are Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20 & 265/30/20

So it looks like the covers do add to efficiency after all :)

Danny
What was your Wh/mi previously?

Whoa. That’s serious improvement.
I was geniuinly surprised as well. I'll try to get a larger sample size to see if I can do even better by babying the go pedal.

Also got me curious to what 20x9 squared configuration paired with low rolling resistance tires will do... 🤔

Can you convince them to make them in 19s lol?

Need the sidewall as it clearly fixed my pothole problem. 2200 miles on my 19s with no flats or bubbles vs 750 miles on my stock 20s with 3 tires that bubbled and one that blew out completely.

5ea20a5ff4c2e08e79165481b321a476.jpg

Mmm... these are the type of wheels Forgiato usually make so I really doubt it lmao
I can see them coming out with 21" before 18-19".

245/35/20 with 20" will give you some more sidewall and curb protection compared to factory 235/35.

Danny

I was geniuinly surprised as well. I'll try to get a larger sample size to see if I can do even better by babying the go pedal.

Also got me curious to what 20x9 squared configuration paired with low rolling resistance tires will do... 🤔

5ea20a5ff4c2e08e79165481b321a476.jpg

Mmm... these are the type of wheels Forgiato usually make so I really doubt it lmao
I can see them coming out with 21" before 18-19".

245/35/20 with 20" will give you some more sidewall and curb protection compared to factory 235/35.

Danny

Do those tires come in a spray can?