Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 20" Forgiato E Vecolo EV 001 Wheel Set - AERO+ Centers - Model 3 & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgiato EV001 on White Model 3
forgiato-custom-wheel-tesla-model3-ev_001-ev-11-02-2021_6181a1b2b2b5a_2.jpg

forgiato-custom-wheel-tesla-model3-ev_001-ev-11-02-2021_6181a1b2b2b5a_1.jpg

Only 22" available for Model X. Bolt pattern and specs are completely different.

265 Falken 510. It's stretched on purpose for fitment. Not for the weak of heart I suppose...

I will take pictures of them without the covers soon. For EV002, they switched the aero cover mounting design. Now there are 5 Allen bolts securing the covers.

Danny
btw can we use stock Tesla lug nuts/bolts with these wheels? Oh have to get custom?

btw can we use stock Tesla lug nuts/bolts with these wheels? Oh have to get custom?
We recommend aftermarket lug nuts since the lug holes are rather recessed on EV001.

22" EV001 on Model X.
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 7.56.29 PM.png

Message for pricing and details!

Danny

Reactions: Lindenwood
What’s the recommended tire size for the 20” ev001 on a 2022 LR.

Discount Tire told me they can not install 20x9 on a LR because of load rating (believe). They can only do 20x8.5. Just curious if anyone has any issues with these on a LR?

Danny...You mean I have to remove the rim to ride without the aero-covers??

It looks like you could do it on a lift or jacked up from that picture. Once you get one off you could do the rest without a lift.
Correct. You have to remove the wheel to remove the aero-covers. There's five allen bolts holding on to each cover on the backside.

Thanks again for the pics. One last question, do you have any pictures of the EV002 on a MY?
Haven’t managed to find any anywhere.
Want to see what the silver star shape looks like against the Y that has no silver highlights.

Bump. Any pics of the Ev002 on a Y?

Also, will that 1650 load rating be high enough for the Y? Most Y wheels are rated higher I think.
I don't believe anyone has these on a Model Y yet. Would you like to be the first? ;)

1650lbs load rating is enough. These wheels were specifically designed for Model 3 and Model Y.

Discount Tire told me they can not install 20x9 on a LR because of load rating (believe). They can only do 20x8.5. Just curious if anyone has any issues with these on a LR?
You can run a variety of tires on a 20x9 square set.

235/35 to 255/35. The load rating is not going to be an issue as these wheels were designed specifically for Model 3 and Model Y.

Thanks,
Danny

Discount Tire is only following whatever is listed on your door jamb for liability reasons. 20x9 is perfectly fine. If it wasn’t then Tesla wouldn’t be offering it as OEM size for the uberturbines on the performance model.

I suggest going to another local tire shop that’s reputable versus resorting to discount tire or other national chain tire shops. If you want the peace of mind of national chain, I believe Firestone is a little more flexible with this…at least mine was.

Edit: the recommended tire size for 20x9 is either 235/35 or 245/35, or you can even run wider 265/30.

Reactions: MODEL+
Thanks for the pics! So tempted by these with a blacked out powder coating.

Little worried about the load rating though. 1650 is the bare minimum for a Y afaik.

Bump. Any pics of the Ev002 on a Y?

Also, will that 1650 load rating be high enough for the Y? Most Y wheels are rated higher I think.

Correct. You have to remove the wheel to remove the aero-covers. There's five allen bolts holding on to each cover on the backside.

I don't believe anyone has these on a Model Y yet. Would you like to be the first? ;)

1650lbs load rating is enough. These wheels were specifically designed for Model 3 and Model Y.

You can run a variety of tires on a 20x9 square set.

235/35 to 255/35. The load rating is not going to be an issue as these wheels were designed specifically for Model 3 and Model Y.

Thanks,
Danny

Great thread. Nice to see some valuable info here.

Danny, thanks a ton for weighing the wheels. This means a lot and the transparency you provide will likely have me switch gears and go with your wheels.

It's funny how some other wheel manufacturers make it so hard to find the weight. It's annoying and all the detailed specs should be clearly displayed on the site like TS and Martian does theirs.

Regarding the load ratings, I was curious about this as well. The 20" TS wheels for example are only rated at 1,433 lbs, which seems really low even for a M3P.

One of the reasons why I was originally going with the 19x8.5 size was due to the higher load rating vs the 20x8.5 wheels. (I prefer the 20s.)

20x8.5" & 19x8.5" (Martian) ---- 24.5 lbs ------- Load Rating of: 2,200 lbs (Forged)

20x8.5" TS ----------------------- 28 lbs --------- Load Rating of: 1,433 lbs

20x9" EV001 -------------------- 24.6 lbs ------- Load Rating of: 1650lbs.

19x8.5" TS ----------------------- 24-26 lbs ----- Load Rating of: 1,980 lbs

So using the example of the 20" wheels from TS with a load rating of only 1,433 lbs, since the Model 3 weights ~4,100 lbs, what happens when you fly over an uneven road and one of the front wheels lands first with all that force? Wouldn't that mean that all the ~4,100 lbs for a moment is all on that one wheel that is rated at 1,433 lbs? Perhaps this is an extreme example... but seeing cracked rims it's relevant.

How about driving at 70MPH and hitting a pot hole. Before hitting the pot hole each of the four wheels has 1,075 lbs on it (4,300 lbs / 4; ~200lbs driver included). Factoring in the inertia from the car and the one front wheel hitting that pot hole, that would exceed the load rating by a lot correct? This would likely result in a popped tire and broken rim.

With the 20" TS rim and only having a rating of 1,433 lbs, isn't that much too low? Say if I had 4 adults each weighing exactly 200 lbs, that would mean 4,900 lbs total / 4 of those rims = 1,225 lbs on each wheel that's only rated at 1,433 lbs, leaving only a 208 lbs buffer. That just seems way too low and living on the edge there. Thoughts?

I guess one can't expect much from cheaper rims. On the flip side those Martian 20s and 19s both being rated at 2,200 lbs is quite impressive. Forged goodness. I'm very impressed with the EV001s as well.

Does anyone know the stock load rating for the 20" Ubers on the M3P? -- The TS 20x8.5" ~clones are rated at 1,433 lbs and weigh in at 32 lbs, the same as the stock 20" Ubers for some reference. Can we assume that the stock 20" Ubers are also in the ~1,433 lbs range?

Forgiato EV001 on White Model 3
forgiato-custom-wheel-tesla-model3-ev_001-ev-11-02-2021_6181a1b2b2b5a_2.jpg

forgiato-custom-wheel-tesla-model3-ev_001-ev-11-02-2021_6181a1b2b2b5a_1.jpg

Only 22" available for Model X. Bolt pattern and specs are completely different.

265 Falken 510. It's stretched on purpose for fitment. Not for the weak of heart I suppose...

I will take pictures of them without the covers soon. For EV002, they switched the aero cover mounting design. Now there are 5 Allen bolts securing the covers.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Would you be able to reupload the pics of the EV001 wheels on the white Model 3?

Thanks!