Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 Inch wheel options for Tesla 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a new 2018 Model S 100 D with 19 inch wheels. I heard concerns and saw reviews on 21 inch wheels regarding drive quality maintenance and range . Looking for 20 inch option as a balance. Any suggestions on the switch and recommendations for the wheels?

Thanks!

Personally I like the looks of what's available at TSportline, but I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I have 21's on my 2015 and thought 20" would be a nice year round balance as well. I've also seen other posts where people have used 20's from the Model X on their MS. I'll probably wait until the fall to make a decision myself.

638107CC-B649-4E00-8A02-8239B01BC9E2.jpeg I have Tsportline TST 20” wheels. Had to rebalance them all (bought the wheel/tire package and the balancing was crap) but no complaints since and they look good.

Reactions: linkster
View attachment 410013 View attachment 410015
Highly recommend 20" wheels. I had staggered 21's and the 20's ride much better, and handling feels almost the same (just a hair less steering feel). I got mine complete with tires & TPMS from tirerack for $2K shipped.
Thanks for the feedback. They look great. Just to confirm, do you have 20's for all four wheels and also can you give me the brand name for the ones in the picture? Appreciate your help!

Those do look good - what did you have before and how do they compare? Also do you have the same all around or larger in the rear?
I have staggered setup. No difference in rode/consumption between these and 19 slipstreams. What I also like about them is they’re offset more aggressively then stock so they don’t look sunk in

I got a square set of 20"x8.5" Advanti Catalan wheels from Tirerack.com. They use centering rings for the hubs and with TMPS and Conti DWS 245/40ZR-20 tires, the setup with shipping was just over $2K. Not inexpensive, but still reasonably cheap as I don't tend to keep a car very long.

I was thinking this was just a stop-gap setup for winter, but have come to like the reasonably softer ride.

IMG_2945.jpg
IMG_6541.jpg

Interesting the TSportline series seems to have a hard time getting balanced. I wonder if that's typical or if your situations were outliers. It may make me re-think my preference when I go to purchase. Then again I'd have to find something that I think looks better too.

I received 20" staggered Avant Garde M590 wheels for as of now; my not yet delivered MS.
Can anyone with a 20" staggered setup comment on how your car reacts (TPMS notification, etc) to them?
Does the fact that the tire circumference is slightly different, interfere with stability control?

I have 22" non-standard wheels on my 2015 Model S. I love the looks. The car drives perfect - feels a lot confident in corners when compared with the stock 18" wheels that the car came with - I still have those in the garage.

However, there are 2 things:
1. The TPMS warning remains - it says tire pressure monitoring is not working because the supported configuration is only up to 21". I took the car to the service center and they told me to ignore the message and that its not going to cause problems. They also told me they can remove the messaging for me but it will require about 2 hrs of work. I havent taken in the car yet for that to happen.
2. The ride is obviously stiffer. You will feel a lot more road than compared with the stock 18" wheels which was definitely noticeably softer / cushiony (does this word exist)?

And I believe the power consumption per mile is also more with the 22" wheels compared to the stock.

But having driven motorcycles, I dont car about the softer / firmer drive. I love the feel of the road and the looks... See for yourself...

Attachments

• IMG_4815.JPG
    IMG_4815.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_4803.JPG
    IMG_4803.JPG
    670.8 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_4795.JPG
    IMG_4795.JPG
    737.7 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 821
TSportline TST 20” here as well. 9” in front and 10” in rear. They did not balance well - Hunter road force could not get one wheel quite right and they all needed a lot of weights. Tire shop said it was odd to need so much weight. They look great though.

View attachment 411588 View attachment 411589

These look great. It looks like they no longer offer the silver color though. Boooooo!!!