Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 inch wheels on 2021 m3 sr+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Im a newbe to this forum and to Tesla. I am due to pick up my new 2021 m3 std range. I know there are lots of threads on wheels. My question is:

Can 20 inch performance wheels from a 2020 performance model be fitted to the latest standard model. In addition will this require any suspension changes and can the tpms be swapped out given the later model use bluetooth.

Im also thinking of adding a carbon spoiler from a 2020 performance car.

Tesla in the UK have told me i cant put on 20s from a 2020 m3 perrformance on the latest sr+. I think they are wrong but wanted to check.

Thanks

Sal

Reactions: hcdavis3
Hello

Im a newbe to this forum and to Tesla. I am due to pick up my new 2021 m3 std range. I know there are lots of threads on wheels. My question is:

Can 20 inch performance wheels from a 2020 performance model be fitted to the latest standard model. In addition will this require any suspension changes and can the tpms be swapped out given the later model use bluetooth.

Tesla in the UK have told me i cant put on 20s from a 2020 m3 perrformance on the latest sr+. I think they are wrong but wanted to check.

Thanks

Sal
Not sure about the tesla wheels but you can get these from T-Sportline... TSV 20" Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4)

Hello

Thanks

Sal
1. Yes
2. No changes needed to suspension
3. TPMS can be swapped out without issue.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Yes they fit just fine and any tire shop can exchange the TPMS. They will need to exchange the entire valve stem as the 2021 TPMS sensors use a different stem/mount than previous years but it's a very simple procedure that doesn't even require tire removal or rebalancing (though they might try to upsell you that). They just smush the tire near the sensor and reach in to swap it out, should cost less than $50 to swap the whole set.

Officially, Tesla says they don't fit because the performance models come with different brakes requiring 35mm offset wheels to match the suspension geometry of a standard model with 40mm offset wheels. So if you put these on a standard model your wheels will end up sticking out 5mm further than stock which will give a slightly sportier look but will negligibly change the steering feel (scrub radius) so they're technically not "within manufacturer spec".

OEM spoilers are sometimes sold in the F/S forum here and there are aftermarket options as well. Good luck finding 2020 wheels though! You might want to consider powdercoating some curbed 2018/2019's.

Hi All, can anyone with this set up post a picture or please let me know the experience from swapping smaller rim to 20' uberturbine for sr+ model? cant find anything on this.
i picked up a set before confirming they fit.

I don’t run the uberturbine but I do run 20” aftermarket niche wheels and there’s a video stating that I would lose 15% range due to the 20” rims. I’d say it’s more about 20% rather then 15%.
You lose range mostly from inefficient tires. You could maybe find 20" tires that keep your range closer, but low rolling resistance tires in that size may be hard to find or not exist.

Can you add some pics please? I am doing it too but car not arrived yet (wheels have).

Does it look like it needs lowering or are you happy?

I see the question throughout the site and absolutely no photos….

Please add!