Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Matte Black Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wife said it looked good too but she hated the smell since I was spraying in the garage.

I still have to do the front logo and trim and figure out the side markers since I don't want to cover up the logo there.

View attachment 205403 I did mine with the wheels on. Matte black base with satinizer as the top coat.

Once I finish the chrome delete I'll post full pictures.

Hi LuckyX, this is great, thanks for the info. I just ordered matte black kit minus the satiniser. A few questions- did you also buy their after care spray? Is it necessary? Also, if you have to take the wheels off, does that ruin the dip? TIA

I didn't yet. But planning to get the protective spray. I don't think any aftercare is needed it's probably just preference at that point. I think the bolts would be ruined but the rims itself they should stay in good. If not, respraying should be easier

Last edited:
I want to get a X with Matte Black wheels. Does it make sense to order and just get the 20s powder coated or to order something like the Tsportlines? Are they the same looking wheels or does one look better than the other? What have others looking for black wheels done? 22s are awesome, but more interested in efficiency.

Thanks!

Have you looked at Unplugged Performance?

I plan on ordering the stock tesla 20" and replacing them with the 20" unplugged performance wheels. Not as heavy and look great. Plus, I haven't seen anyone with them in South Florida yet.

They also have 22" but for range and "damage control" going with the 20".

Dipped mine with the wheels off this weekend. Reinstalled (carefully) and also dipped the lug nut covers and reinstalled those.

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8388.PNG

Reactions: Muhammad
These look great! Just confirmed my order for my red X last week and taking delivery in September. Thinking of getting some sort of black rims done with red brake calipers as soon as I get it. Debating on the chrome delete though... looks good too, just not 100% sure. Can't wait either way!

Question though, is there anything different about getting the rims done for a Tesla vs. getting them done for your regular ICE car (things like extra wiring, knobs, or what have you)? Probably a dumb question but wanted to be safe. New to all this. Thanks in advance!

These look great! Just confirmed my order for my red X last week and taking delivery in September. Thinking of getting some sort of black rims done with red brake calipers as soon as I get it. Debating on the chrome delete though... looks good too, just not 100% sure. Can't wait either way!

Question though, is there anything different about getting the rims done for a Tesla vs. getting them done for your regular ICE car (things like extra wiring, knobs, or what have you)? Probably a dumb question but wanted to be safe. New to all this. Thanks in advance!

Nothing different than buying wheels for an ICE. You'll want to make sure the bolt pattern and location of the valve stem match up. Make sure you go to a shop that has a wide selection of wheels. I bought aftermarket matte black rims for my black model S and they were perfect. I initially looked at getting red brake calipers covers from EVannex but they wouldn't fit. I broke down and found someone selling model S performance red calipers on eBay for $1,000. Less than half of the factory price, and I got brand new pads so all in all not bad.

I power wash my car weekly and then use a no rinse an wash solution. I've taken it to a couple of automatic cash washes and the dip looks the same as it did when I first applied it. 20k miles on the X now. The only thing I don't like is the white plastidip on my handles are now a yellowish tint and always looks dirty. I'm planing to remove and reapply the handles only.