Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 mph on screen below the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
??? What on page 78 are you referring to?

My page 78 is about TACC and does not show this icon.

This grey speed you are talking about is about TACC. From the right column of page 78:
When Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is available but is not actively cruising at a specified set speed, the touchscreen displays a gray speedometer icon below your current driving speed. The number shown in gray is your current driving speed, or the speed limit that is being determined by Speed Assist (see Controlling Speed Assist on page 105), whichever is greater. If you engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, this is the cruising speed that will be set.

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin
I don't have my car yet, so I don't actually know the answer. But it sounds like the kind of thing that could happen if the car knows it's going past something like a school zone, that would have reduced speed limit under some conditions.

I don't have my car yet, so I don't actually know the answer. But it sounds like the kind of thing that could happen if the car knows it's going past something like a school zone, that would have reduced speed limit under some conditions.
Right you must not have it yet since it does't see School Zones. Hopefully it will start reading speed/traffic signs by the time you get yours but not yet. But it can see trash cans.:D

Sometimes I see an image with 20 mph and some other stuff on the screen below the car. Is it pedestrian warning?

Thanks
Since you won't post a pic here is one. What is this "below the car" you are talking about?
IMG_1203.jpeg

Reactions: garth_angst
Okay, THAT is one I've never seen. Thanks for the pic.

Have you tried touching the symbol when it pops up? It MAY give an explanation as to what's going on. If not and no one here has anything, a stop at a service center is probably required.

Reactions: Reborn