Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently expecting delivery of my P3D+ "by late September," basically meaning any day! Doing a bunch of modifications upon delivery, including changing out the wheels and tires. If you're considering upgrading to the 20" Performance wheels, now is the time to get them direct from Tesla, without paying the $4,000 (plus tax) price listed. I will sell mine upon delivery for $3,150.
20 Wheels 1.jpg
20 Wheels 2.jpg
20 Wheels 1.jpg
20 Wheels 2.jpg
20 Wheels 3.jpg

You may want to make sure your new wheels fit first. I read a thread somewhere on here about something on the hub (a lip?) that could make fitting some rims difficult.
Hmmmm for only $1850 more than your asking, I could get those same wheels, spoiler, aluminum pedals, upgraded brakes, and track mode :p

Right, assuming you were purchasing a P3D, but for anyone who purchased a non-P Model 3, the only option they have to upgrade to these wheels (brand new) is to purchase them direct from Tesla for $4,000 plus tax. This is a great deal for someone who is considering upgrading to the 20” wheels.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Damn the OP is just offering the wheels/tires for a better than Tesla price. Don't think he/she needs a million what ifs. :eek: So it is simple:

• Buy new from Tesla for $4,000
  • Buy from OP for $3,150
  • Any other option in the universe (now or in the future)
  • Not interested in them
Actually, that's not true. Tesla's price includes the Suspension modification and installation. The $3,150 doesn't. Also, Tesla sells these wheels stand alone for $600/ wheel.

• Love
Reactions: Amit519 and P85_DA
Someone could also sell their non-P 3 and buy a P3D, just like you! They could also wait for prices on the 20" wheels to come down, or get after market wheels. $2,500 should get a set of 20" wheels with the same Michelin PS tires as well.

I think you’re right about the prices coming down. I’ll be selling mine as soon I receive delivery also, “late September”. I was expecting around $2500. Keep in mine, you’re also getting TPMS in the package.

Reactions: P85_DA
Damn the OP is just offering the wheels/tires for a better than Tesla price. Don't think he/she needs a million what ifs. :eek: So it is simple:

• Buy new from Tesla for $4,000
  • Buy from OP for $3,150
  • Any other option in the universe (now or in the future)
  • Not interested in them
This is a forum not Craigslist ..you will get opinions of value ..as of now there is none here ..if you have been around the forums you will see folks are quite vocal on items that seem to be overpriced this is a Tesla forum so folks will know their value

Reactions: transpondster
I was just giving op a hard time, while trying to talk myself into getting PUP. I do wonder if the 20s will just bolt onto a non PUP car though. A non PUP car won't have that special wheel hub.

Also as someone started, make sure the wheels your getting will work with your PUP car, you have have to wait for a PUP version of the wheel or run spacers due to the lip that is added on PUP hubs

His price seemed reasonable to me. $2k for the wheels (cheaper than new) and $1.1k for the tires and tpms.

It's cheaper than any other path for people who want them and didn't get the PUP. And it's not like there are any other for sale at this point.

But yes, the PUP is annoyingly overpriced. 1k for a dumb spoiler, 1k for brakes, then 3k for the wheels / tires upgrade. It's a scam, but a scam that you must participate in if you want track mode.

Reactions: bwiese99