TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

20" slipstream, cyclone or 19" cyclone on Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by fredz, Dec 17, 2016.

1. fredz

fredz Member

I note the X has standard 20" Slipstream wheels, with an option of 20" Cyclone ones. Is it true that the Cyclones are more efficient on the X as well?
    I even see Tesla offers 19" cyclones as a spare part. What would be the effect of 19" instead of 20" on the X? Would it drive more comfortably and more efficiently?

Tesla — Model X > Wheels, Tires, and Tire Covers

2. bushburner

bushburner Member

depending on the weight and tire combo of the 19, if it is less weight, then definitely you will have a positive effect on range. and if the tires are fatter, it will probably be more comfortable. The trade off is the handling capabilities.

3. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Does anybody here have 19" cyclones on their Model X? I'm curious to hear if it's smoother (more comfortable) than 20" wheels and by how much.

4. Ampster

Ampster Member

I have the standard 20" tires on my X. When I want a smoother ride I put the air suspension on high. I did not get the 21" tires and have not considered 19"wheels. The cost of Air Suspension gives me the flexibility at about the same cost of changing tires and wheels. In addition I can change the handling and ride from the cockpit.