Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Slipstream Wheel In black like 22’s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Anyone had the OEM 20" Slipstream Wheels repainted in black with a similar finish to the onyx black 22’s

I’m weighing up all my options and I’m thinking that getting the stock wheels and having them professional painted makes most sense but keen to see if anyone had done this and has any pics?

Thanks

You can get them powder coated for $600 or plastic dip em for $20 like I did with all the chrome. I wish I still had my 20's on as I switched them to 22's I won with referral. 20's are better for range and not curbing wheels, damage from potholes, tire wear.
IMG_1350.jpg

Reactions: Cowby
You can get them powder coated for $600 or plastic dip em for $20 like I did with all the chrome. I wish I still had my 20's on as I switched them to 22's I won with referral. 20's are better for range and not curbing wheels, damage from potholes, tire wear.View attachment 292372

Plastic dip doesn’t come off when you wash the car?

And what happens when you change tires? I assume you need to redo it?

As long as you let it cure properly, it won't wash off...assuming you let it cure properly and don't blast it with an industrial power washer that puts out absurd PSI. I did a test on my license plate frame - 20,000 miles and unfortunately I don't count my car washes, it goes through an automatic car wash. Feel free to cringe at that statement.