Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" sport wheels powdercoated "Sonic Gray"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Just got my car back from the detailer. In case anyone is interested, here's what the 20" sport wheels look like powdercoated "Sonic Gray".

SQKyy0nkSAaV6xfpE2HipA.jpg
eK8+wXilRcmwskaw2IaFeQ.jpg
IMl2PCw1SsiFjDpoNr83lw.jpg

That looks fantastic!

I'm planning on powder coating some Arachnids Sonic Gray on my S. What paint code, or other info did you give your guy to make sure the color was accurate?

My detailer has done a ton of these in recent years so he already knows the right color. But the first time I did it in 2014, I just gave him a grey Tesla center cap to help them match it.

@commasign,

Awesome! Love it. Planning the same but probably Satin in lieu of Gloss. Could you do a ‘Profile’ side shot outside (whenever it’s convenient)? Looks incredible, nice work!

Ski

Was actually strongly considering satin/matte as well since my S and X have the matte black. But went with the grey cause I thought it would look better with the MC red.

Not quite outside, but here's a side shot of it at my detailer.

40293632_1032841326875430_2235920499253182464_o.jpg

I'm more impressed by the garage. It's so clean! Where are the leaves and grass clippings? Old sprinkler parts? Boxes of old housewares? Beat up sneakers?
Did you just move in that home? Can I store stuff there?

Lol. The leaves, dead bugs, cookie and cracker crumbs, and other unknown debris are piled up along the edges and corners out of camera view. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Hkbruin