Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Tires to Replace P7s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm running 20" summer wheels on my '15 85D. The tires will need to be swapped out this spring when the 19" winters come off. I was going to get another set of Pirelli P7's in 245/40R20 size, but the tire shop is telling me Pirelli no longer makes that size.

Ugh. The choices don't look great.

Tire store is suggesting P Zero AS or Michelin Primacy. They're telling me the Michelin is a different tire model than what came stock on my 19" wheels. And that OEM tires don't wear well (no kidding...).

Any thoughts on these, or other tires that might suit this oddball size? I've got a set of Arachnids for the days I want a performance tire, so the 20s should wear well, be low rolling resistance and have reasonable handling characteristics. I'm not going to autocross them... ;-)

I also have a 2015 85D, running 245/40/20 Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus II since 6/2020. Well over 10000 miles at this point and very happy with the combination of wear, efficiency, and wet/dry handling. 70,000 tread life warranty is the best I have seen for square setup and it is still available in that size on Tire Rack (at least in the US):

I also have a 2015 85D, running 245/40/20 Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus II since 6/2020. Well over 10000 miles at this point and very happy with the combination of wear, efficiency, and wet/dry handling. 70,000 tread life warranty is the best I have seen for square setup and it is still available in that size on Tire Rack (at least in the US):

That's interesting. I wonder if they still have them in their warehouse, or if they haven't updated their website? I've checked several companies in Canada and have yet to find one still listing the P7. When I was in the store yesterday, I saw their screen and it clearly said 'discontinued'.

My P7s are essentially worn out at 75,000 km. Actually less, because I run winters for a good portion of the year and I haven't deducted those kms from the mileage the P7s went on and the mileage the car is at now. Hopefully you'll do better, but I'm clearly not going to get the 110,000 km warranted with a 32nd or two left!

So all I see available from Pirelli now is the P Zero, in a variety of variants. But I don't know how they'd be for efficiency? The Michelins are significantly more expensive per corner, but I suspect they are decent for rolling resistance.

I suspect you may be searching for the previous version of the tire, rather than the new version which was released in 2020. P7 vs P7 A/S Plus II.

FWIW I would definitely buy this tire again.

Hey beeerock, Costco.ca lists the new P7 Cinturato AS plus 2 on their website as out of stock, but you can check Kal or OK Tire to see if they can get them if you’re still shopping for new tires. Sometimes new versions of a tire has a limited release on tire sizes initially and then they release more sizes eventually...looks like they do have 245/40/20 in this size now.

Reactions: beeeerock
I suspect you may be searching for the previous version of the tire, rather than the new version which was released in 2020. P7 vs P7 A/S Plus II.

FWIW I would definitely buy this tire again.
+1. Running on my second set of P7s and love them.