Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" vs. 21" Wheels: Photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked behind another Model S today and snapped a photo to illustrate the difference between my 20-inch wheels and the OEM 21-inch wheels. Mine are the gunmetal TSW Nurburgring in 20*9 and 20*10, both ET35. Because of the more aggressive offset and width (especially in the rear), the TSWs fill out the wheel wells nicely, even though they are smaller. This also is a good look at the two new colors (Deep Blue and JRG Warm Silver). Thanks to LolaChampCar for the advice on these wheels.

teslas-1024.jpg

Looks like the warm silver is on coils or a higher SAS setting. That doesn't look like the normal profile I usually see...

I do like the look of your 20s, what tires did you go with?

I parked behind another Model S today and snapped a photo to illustrate the difference between my 20-inch wheels and the OEM 21-inch wheels. Mine are the gunmetal TSW Nurburgring in 20*9 and 20*10, both ET35. Because of the more aggressive offset and width (especially in the rear), the TSWs fill out the wheel wells nicely, even though they are smaller. This also is a good look at the two new colors (Deep Blue and JRG Warm Silver). Thanks to LolaChampCar for the advice on these wheels.

View attachment 83813

Looks like the warm silver is on coils or a higher SAS setting. That doesn't look like the normal profile I usually see...

I do like the look of your 20s, what tires did you go with?

The car on 21s is an 85D and I didn't speak with the owner to ask about the suspension. I have the ContiSportContact 5P in 245/40 and 285/35. They have great grip and are not too noisy. Oddly, the rears have rim protectors but the fronts do not. The rears are about as wide a tire as you can run on this car. On the lift at the shop, the extreme positive camber makes the rear tires touch the inside wheel well cladding, but at static height, there's a finger of space behind them, and they have never rubbed.