TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

20" Zito ZS05 Black, Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Fellsteruk, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Hey,

I've been looking for alternatives to use instead of the slipstreams that are coming with my MX. Ideally i'd want the 22 Oynx turbines but i didn't want to pay £5k for something that looks nice but was bumpier and lost range.

I've discounted platidip as i want something more long terms so ive got powder coat in my back pocket but for now i'm looking at alternative rims, At the top of the list is the Tsportline 20" but i'm looking for UK based options and i found these.

Site says they are good for a Model X but with the weight i'm not sure, found pics of loads of other cars using them even an MS but no MX...

20" Zito ZS05 (Matt Black) Alloy Wheels for Your Tesla Model X All Models - Rimstyle.com

What are your thoughts?
    Stephen

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Presumably there is a resale amount, for the original rims and rubber, to knock off that? Dunno about you, but that [whatever that figure is] would be enough for my Man Maths :D

3. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

I wouldn’t sell the originals I’d keep them for when I trade in the MX for a newer one so they would go back on the car.

Also a rum like the above could take the stock tyres.

But yes i don’t disagree with your man maths, that’s how I managed to order an MX in the first place :)

• Like x 1
  4. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Personally I would only trust top quality aftermarket wheel brands (e.g. BBS, OZ, HRE etc), especially with a thin spoke design like those in your link, which really needs to be forged (not sure if those are?). I've never heard of that brand so no idea about their quality.

I stuck with the stock silver 20" on my MX and I like the chunky look of them. Would have preferred them in grey, but when I ordered that was still a £2800 option! (now £1900 I think, but still way too much for a paint job). I was half thinking about getting them powder coated, but I quite like them in silver too and it matches the chrome trim. So I would wait until you get your car and then see how you feel.

The Tsportline 20" looks like a good option, but again I don't know what their quality is actually like.

5. Afdyce

Afdyce Member

70,000 miles on 19" T Sportlines on my S and zero problems as they are purpose designed to fit Teslas.
    They get my vote and would love to see what they look like on your X. Red Calipers look good too!

• Like x 1