Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200,000 cars sold by Q1/18?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, it's a question of whether to wait for the dual motor 3. The Delivery Estimator says I would get the big battery version in the November-January time frame, so likely eligible for the full credit, but the dual motor version would not be available until July-September 2018, so likely with a reduced credit or none at all. Also, I take those estimates with a grain of salt. Assuming my invitation arrives toward the end of the time frame, I would guess the dual motor version would not be actually delivered until some time in 2019. Does that sound right?

I'd prefer the dual motor version, and I would be willing to wait for it, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost (which they haven't yet stated) PLUS the loss of the credit.

If waiting means losing $3750 of the tax credit plus the $4000-5000 for AWD, I’ll take RWD. Not worth $8750 to me.

But if the tax credit is killed, I’ll just wait longer for AWD (and save for bigger down payment).