Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200,000+ Mileage Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought the Hankook Ventus S1 from there with the $200 rebate promotion. Thanks a bunch. $380 bucks with 6 months no interest. Now I have 8 sets of new tires. :D

Since I have had 6 sets of tires (most of them different tires each time,) I thought I would share which ones I like. I do NOT work for a tire place or get any kick-backs, so these are my recommendations as of today.

First choice (& best rated according to Discount Tire,) Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S 50k mileage warranty $159.45
Second choice (better rated) Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 H452 50k mileage warranty $128.74
Third choice (best rated) Pirelli P Zero Nero AS 45k mileage warranty $192.52

These are my opinions based on most miles per set, & performance.

200,000 on 2012 Model S - Delivery Dec 2012.
230-232 miles on full range charge.
Car still is amazing to drive
No commercial use for this car - sole owner who commutes and takes his kids to too many activities.
Compared to my prior vehicle, I calculate saving 10,000 gallons of premium unleaded.
A few major repairs, but still way less than I would expect for most cars with this sort of mileage. Feel free to ask questions

Attachments

• DFF4BA63-A3A6-48B5-BA5B-A2ED783504EB.jpeg
    DFF4BA63-A3A6-48B5-BA5B-A2ED783504EB.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 112
200,000 on 2012 Model S - Delivery Dec 2012.
230-232 miles on full range charge.
Car still is amazing to drive
No commercial use for this car - sole owner who commutes and takes his kids to too many activities.
Compared to my prior vehicle, I calculate saving 10,000 gallons of premium unleaded.
A few major repairs, but still way less than I would expect for most cars with this sort of mileage. Feel free to ask questions
I’m just curious. What do you suppose you could sell your car for today with 200k miles?

I’m just curious. What do you suppose you could sell your car for today with 200k miles?

Tesla’s and EV in general getting downgraded like ICE vehicles with high miles which is actually wrong. EVs hold up much better. They don’t have the engine and transmission that wear out with use. Electric motors and electronics don’t wear out much. The only thing is the battery but as we can see from high mileage Teslas that the battery is holding up pretty darn good. A gasoline engine of a performance car similar to a Model S will be a money pit after 200-300k miles. A Tesla battery will have lost some range but works fine and has no loss of performance. I tested my 0-60 time after 140k miles and it was the exact same as when it was new. It’s still 0.4 seconds faster than advertised. I think high mileage EVs are a very good deal because they get devalued more than they should. Based on my own experience with my Model S and 175k miles, I’d have no problem buying one with lots of miles.

I don't think there are many of us, but I drive 1,000 miles a week. I passed the 200,000 mileage point, so I thought I would share info on my small worn-out 60 battery.

View attachment 299991

My FULL charge is 170:

View attachment 299992

My 80% charge is 151:

View attachment 299993

I drive fast, but my average usage is 352 Watt Hours/mile:

View attachment 299994

I charge for free at my house because of Solar, using 51,727/kWh:

View attachment 299995

and at my office because of Solar, using 21,465/kWh:

View attachment 299996

Which means when you take out the free Supercharging I have done, I have used 73,192/kWh to drive 200,000 miles. If I did NOT have Solar, it would have cost me $5,050.25 to drive 200,000 miles (Reliant's rate is $0.069/kWh in Dallas, TX.) That is $0.025/mile. I love it!

The one negative? My remaining mileage is WRONG! If I hit 31 miles left on the Dash, the car will stop. Out of juice.

That is awesome! Have you thought about getting an S 100D? It would double you mileage and increase supercharger rates. There are a good amount of inventory 100Ds with $10-15k off. I am sure discounts will increase towards end of quarter.

Feel free to ask questions
Any suspension or steering rack parts needed so far?

Recently I was shopping for an older used Toyota SUV. Most of them had 120,000 - 180,000 miles on them. And most of them had or needed thousands of dollars worth of suspension parts and or steering racks. I've never read about these parts needing to be replaced on older high mileage Teslas. Got me thinking that Teslas might possibly be more reliable and cheaper to maintain than Toyotas after the first 100,000 miles. What major repairs have you had to make? Has your Tesla ever left you stranded due to a mechanical failure?

Never been stranded. No suspension issues at all. I had some clunking noise from the splines that needed a grease pack - service center did it as a courtesy.
Major stuff was the DC DC converter and separately 10kw charger - repairs out of warranty.
As a 2012, have gone through a bunch of door handles, drive units for whine (current one has over 150k though), and a MCU for bubbles.
Battery is the original A battery - totally surprised that it's held up this well. If it goes for another 2 years and 75k miles, Tesla wins the 90k bet I made back in 2012.

Never been stranded. No suspension issues at all. I had some clunking noise from the splines that needed a grease pack - service center did it as a courtesy.
Major stuff was the DC DC converter and separately 10kw charger - repairs out of warranty.
As a 2012, have gone through a bunch of door handles, drive units for whine (current one has over 150k though), and a MCU for bubbles.
Battery is the original A battery - totally surprised that it's held up this well. If it goes for another 2 years and 75k miles, Tesla wins the 90k bet I made back in 2012.
About how much have all the repairs cost you?
What was the bet you made with Tesla?

Total in repairs about 7k. - in total.
The bet was the 90k I paid up front and they said they'd give me a 8 year unlimited battery and drive unit warranty - I figured back then that Tesla had no match vs what I had planned. Still have 2 years to go!

• Love
Reactions: Olle and Nick B