Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$200 Registration Fee in Ontario - What does this get me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

A few days away from my delivery day and I’m starting to learn more about what needs to happen before that day.

With regards to the registration fee that Tesla charges $200 for... what does this include?

With my license plate sticker renewing in June, any idea as to whether or not this registration fee include my sticker renewal to June 2021? Really hope this $200 doesn’t just get me to end of June 2020.

Thanks ahead of time,
Wayne

In Ontario a vehicle registration is $32 if you're keeping your plate or $59 if you want a new plate. That would be good until your current registration expires in June. $120 a year for a sticker would get you to June 2021. So at $200 you better be getting a new plate and a sticker through 2021, or you've hit a "Tesla tax" buried in the bill...

• Disagree
Reactions: YusufT and McFlurri
I purchased my M3 at the end of July 2019. My plate renewal is in December, the sticker on my car is good until December 2021. No guarantees but you should get the same. Call the person doing your pickup to confirm, that's what I did. Whether it made any difference I don't know but it never hurts to let them know your watching.

The sticker will be good until 2021, you can buy the next years sticker 90 days before your birthday (June 2021 stickers can be purchased in March). This of course applies to buying stickers for 1 year at a time as you can still purchase a sticker every 2 years, the rules still apply June 2022 stickers can be purchased 90 days before June 2020

Reactions: McFlurri
I purchased my M3 at the end of July 2019. My plate renewal is in December, the sticker on my car is good until December 2020. No guarantees but you should get the same. Call the person doing your pickup to confirm, that's what I did. Whether it made any difference I don't know but it never hurts to let them know your watching.

Original post should of said good until December 2020 so the sticker was good for one year 5 months.