Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 Acceleration Boost for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my initial test drive I was a little miffed at the “grunt” off the line, it was faster but not OMG faster then I noticed my SOC was at 15%, Went home and and pumped it up to 75% and went for another drive, I found the OMG factor, that changed everything. A buddy with a PMY has a DRAGY so we are going to do some “testing”. Unfortunately I can’t do a before, but if the 3 results is any indication I hope to get the advertised 4.3 or better. Tesla seems to “sandbag” their performance specs.

We are all anxiously awaiting the dragy results! I'm likely pulling the trigger on it but just want to see the bottom line on 0-60 new time. If it turns out this is closer to 3/4 of a second faster or more (very likely) then it is an absolute no-brainer.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
sorry for being ignorant but what is “rollout”

Every American car manufacturer quotes their 0-60 times after the car has moved 1 foot. Tesla is a little deceiving as the Performance models are quoted at their 1 foot rollout times and all the other trims at their real 0-60, making the delta seem greater. If you look at the images that come out of Dragy, it shows both the real 0-60 and with the 1 foot rollout.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Every American car manufacturer quotes their 0-60 times after the car has moved 1 foot. Tesla is a little deceiving as the Performance models are quoted at their 1 foot rollout times and all the other trims at their real 0-60, making the delta seem greater. If you look at the images that come out of Dragy, it shows both the real 0-60 and with the 1 foot rollout.

Got it, thank you for explaining that. Odd the app doesn't have an algorithm to simply adjust for that and normalize the "blended" results. It would be nice to have both of those measurements along with a third that adjusts accordingly.

I have always been a little disappointed with the off the line performance of my LR Model Y. It felt like the car held back a little on the instant torque inherent in electric motors. I had always suspected this was limited by software. After I purchased the Acceleration Boost, the difference was very noticeable. The car throws your head back when you step on it. So was it worth the $2,000? To me it was. I don't usually drive aggressively. But it is fun to floor it once in a while. I also have Tesla stock. So in a way, I am doing my part to boost the stock price.

Haven’t tested it out yet, just got my roof replaced and don’t wanna leave my garage until I’ve looked over every square inch of my driveway for nails

Others have said there is a “noticeable” difference in the acceleration. Will definitely post my thoughts once I take out my MY!
any reviews? Love the apple pay in-app purchase!! Lol

So tried it for the first with the fam in the car....definitely can notice the boost!! Worth every penny!

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
12.26 @ 113 mph
0-60 3.9s with the 1 ft rollout

19" Gemini with the Continental ProContact RX

SoC 68%. I'll try more runs at another time with a higher SoC

Attachments

• 20200927_190100.jpg
    20200927_190100.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_20200927-180138_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-180138_dragy.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 209
12.26 @ 113 mph
0-60 3.9s with the 1 ft rollout

19" Gemini with the Continental ProContact RX

SoC 68%. I'll try more runs at another time with a higher SoC

Thank you for posting this! Very good numbers! I'm curious if you ran the same test before the upgrade? I'm curious what the numbers came out to at delivery vs. what the Tesla published numbers were. Thanks again for doing this and looking forward to more data.

Not really possible on my area without taking too much risk with traffic. The difference is within 1% and is considered valid by most standards. The graph looks skewed because of the elevation increase the last 1/2 mile where I was slowing down. The acceleration area was within 20 feet, quite minimal.