Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 acceleration upgrade now missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lzolman

Never thought I'd be driving the world's best car!
Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Boston North Shore
On my iPhone app, the new version, when I go into my Model 3 dual-motor LR "Upgrades" section, the $2000 acceleration boost no longer appears. My wife never let me buy it and probably never will (it's her car), but I'm curious as to why the option would disappear. Other local owners report that they're still seeing it.

On my iPhone app, the new version, when I go into my Model 3 dual-motor LR "Upgrades" section, the $2000 acceleration boost no longer appears. My wife never let me buy it and probably never will (it's her car), but I'm curious as to why the option would disappear. Other local owners report that they're still seeing it.
Maybe she bought it! ;-)

Are you sharing the login to the tesla account (using the same account) or are you using different accounts to access the car with the app?
Two separate accounts. We added each other via the option to do that on the web site (with help from my SA at the time the S was delivered) and now we can each just swipe left/right to switch between the 3 and the S. It's very slick.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Two separate accounts. We added each other via the option to do that on the web site (with help from my SA at the time the S was delivered) and now we can each just swipe left/right to switch between the 3 and the S. It's very slick.

The reason I asked, was because, only the main account has the ability to order upgrades on the vehicle, at least thats the way it has existed since they allowed us to add secondary drivers through the web interface. One of you is "the main person" and should see upgrades as a function on that vehicle. The other one wont.

You can test this by checking the tesla app on both phones and see if one sees it and one doesnt, then log out of the tesla app on the one that doesnt, have the person whose account can see it log in and see it appear on that phone where it wasnt before (if that run on sentence makes sense).

Reactions: Lindenwood
The reason I asked, was because, only the main account has the ability to order upgrades on the vehicle, at least thats the way it has existed since they allowed us to add secondary drivers through the web interface. One of you is "the main person" and should see upgrades as a function on that vehicle. The other one wont.

You can test this by checking the tesla app on both phones and see if one sees it and one doesnt, then log out of the tesla app on the one that doesnt, have the person whose account can see it log in and see it appear on that phone where it wasnt before (if that run on sentence makes sense).
Ah, that would explain it. I actually asked my wife to check if the option appears on her app the other night, but she didn't have her phone handy and still hasn't checked.

Back when we were both seeing the option, we were sharing the one account (as I hadn't taken delivery of the S yet.)

I'm sure that'll be what's going on, thanks.

Reactions: drtimhill
The option disappeared from my app as well via the Tesla website back in December too, I have not contacted Tesla "why" yet due to holidays and year end at work but plan to reach out.
I have this same issue. I have a 2019 3 AWD that used to have this upgrade option when it first came out. A few months ago or so it disappeared and figured it would come back. It still hasn’t come back and I am actually thinking of purchasing it now. I called Tesla and also chatted on their website both representatives said that if it isn’t showing up in the app I need to go to a service center to fix it :(. I scheduled a service center appointment but the closest appointment for the service centers near me is a month. I’ll put it on the calendar and cross my fingers they can fix it remotely or with a ranger. Anybody have any luck getting this issue resolved? I checked both me and my wife’s app and also reinstalled with no luck.

I still do not see the upgrade option in the phone app, car, or accessing via the web browser. I, too, would be interested in purchasing it if available still. Please let us know what you learn.
I made an in-app service appointment scheduled for 4/27 under category accessory installation. I wrote that I used to have the option for acceleration boost but it disappeared from my app a few months ago and hasn’t come back. On 4/26, I received a message from the service center in my app asking to verify that I had the latest version of the app (I do) and I was the primary account holder (which I am). They then said they can just process it remotely on their side if I wanted without having to come in for the appointment. They sent me an invoice for the “service” and I paid it via the app. After that they processed it within the next hour and I had it on my car immediately. Appointment was “completed” without ever going in thankfully.

So if you are looking to do this, suggest just finding the earliest appointment you can since I assume they only start looking at appointment details a few days in advance of the actual date.

Reactions: MrWattson