Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 FSD Poll

Do you intend to purchase FSD for $2000 before the price goes up on Monday March 18

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pros to getting it now are you increase cash flow thus my stock holdings may increase. The cons are you drive up the cost because if few buy they certainly will offer this deal later. Be sure to place your orders soon while the fear of loss of an uncertain deliverable may or may not go away.

****Hurry. Limited time offer, your satisfaction may vary. See Elon's tweets for details. Free HW3 upgrades for some cars confirmed.

79D75F88-6EAF-4EF2-96C4-5356940A8C80.jpeg
Hmmm, I don’t remember seeing that. I guess I will give Tesla a call.

The pros to getting it now are you increase cash flow thus my stock holdings may increase. The cons are you drive up the cost because if few buy they certainly will offer this deal later. Be sure to place your orders soon while the fear of loss of an uncertain deliverable may or may not go away.

****Hurry. Limited time offer, your satisfaction may vary. See Elon's tweets for details. Free HW3 upgrades for some cars confirmed.

Where?

I'm still on the fence and will probably decline simply because Tesla/Elon has been woefully incorrect on each and every timeline they've set often by several months if not years... Granted this will be the one time they actually hit a date and I'll be kicking myself but in the end, we've been mislead far too many times to actually believe anything Tesla/Elon says... I admire those of you who shelled out the $2K for vaporware with the hope that someday it might not be...

Jeff

I'm still on the fence and will probably decline simply because Tesla/Elon has been woefully incorrect on each and every timeline they've set often by several months if not years... Granted this will be the one time they actually hit a date and I'll be kicking myself but in the end, we've been mislead far too many times to actually believe anything Tesla/Elon says... I admire those of you who shelled out the $2K for vaporware with the hope that someday it might not be...

Jeff

If it was going back to $5,000, that’s one thing. $3,000 / $1,000 difference isn’t a back breaker considering it’s coming up on 3 years of nothing but smoke

I attempted to purchase it this weekend. Ran into a problem though. The address they have for billing I was unable to change. It's our old address from 3 years ago when we purchased the car. Since then we've moved to a different state. Because of this my CC gets declined because it's not the same address as the billing address. Called support, apparently this 'billing' address is in their old system and they couldn't update it. They escalated the problem. We'll see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: Axtrader

Jeff
I think you are overlooking something here - I am convinced Tesla will be releasing new features under FSD branding. For example NoAP is now a FSD feature. They might release NoAP lane changes without confirmation - only to FSD enabled vehicles.

So by not getting FSD you might miss out on new capabilities and features that are released in the immediate future. FSD shouldn't be considered as a single feature that will hae a big bang release where suddenly your car is driving 100% autonomously when Tesla flip a switch.

I think you are overlooking something here - I am convinced Tesla will be releasing new features under FSD branding. For example NoAP is now a FSD feature. They might release NoAP lane changes without confirmation - only to FSD enabled vehicles.

So by not getting FSD you might miss out on new capabilities and features that are released in the immediate future. FSD shouldn't be considered as a single feature that will hae a big bang release where suddenly your car is driving 100% autonomously when Tesla flip a switch.

There in lies the problem... "They might"... Given Tesla's well document history of massive delays when it comes to AP/FSD features/function to date, who knows? You're buying an insurance policy I suppose at this point... Not sure if that policy is really worth the $1K difference between today's price of $2K and tomorrows price of $3K...

I don't have any ill will or negative things to say to anyone who decided to make the purchase now while the price is lower, I get it. I'm just too jaded and since I have a lease, it's literally a complete waist of money on my part...

Jeff

Reactions: ironwaffle
There in lies the problem... "They might"... Given Tesla's well document history of massive delays when it comes to AP/FSD features/function to date, who knows? You're buying an insurance policy I suppose at this point... Not sure if that policy is really worth the $1K difference between today's price of $2K and tomorrows price of $3K...

I don't have any ill will or negative things to say to anyone who decided to make the purchase now while the price is lower, I get it. I'm just too jaded and since I have a lease, it's literally a complete waist of money on my part...

Jeff

It does bring another aspect though. Hasn’t Tesla kind of taught us that prices drop for the patient?

Those who waited, made out with FSD. Those who waited out the software battery upgrade, made out.l and got it significantly cheaper. Those who wait past the first production wave, gets better quality.

Reactions: rjdoc74