Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 FSD Poll

Do you intend to purchase FSD for $2000 before the price goes up on Monday March 18

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? They make it sound like a call center is being overwhelmed... all orders are done online; what kind of processing is causing a delay?

E27FD56F-8F70-470F-AD74-2DFC813BF785.jpeg

Really? They make it sound like a call center is being overwhelmed... all orders are done online; what kind of processing is causing a delay?

View attachment 388086

The kind that I posted about here So what exactly do you get when you buy the FSD upgrade? (for AP2.0, EAP owners):

Depends if this stunt raised enough cash for them.

If yes, probably back to $5,000
If no, but close then probably $3,000
If not even close then extended another week at the current price.

I've come to accept that Tesla is a master at generating cash flow and controlling demand. Whether it's battery limitations, air filters, or FSD. They do nothing to hide it, it's a sick game, and it pisses me off. Maybe it'll come back down in the future. Or maybe it'll go up and stay up. Maybe it'll go up and stay up and they'll release all the features next month. I don't know, I just know I have FOMO and threw my credit card at them so I don't miss out on Monday...I am part of the problem.

There's still another two weeks before the quarter ends. Every dollar counts!

• Funny
Reactions: DiamondHands
It's Tuesday, March 19, and after reading this thread I went on and was able to purchase "FSD" for $2,000, thanks to the notice posted here about the extension. Don't know if I'm crazy or not, but I just loaded a credit card with another 2 grand.....

I can confirm you’re crazy. But no more so than the rest of us. Safety in numbers my friend.

I pulled the trigger on FSD for our MX this morning and received confirmation in the car shortly thereafter. I didn’t purchase FSD for our MS... yet.

Went on a drive this morning. I can confidently say that the NAGS on our MX while on autopilot are less frequent today. I will have to compare timers against our MS on autopilot but it feels like the time between nags without inputting any steering wheel feedback(pressure) is nearly double.

Anyone else experience decrease NAGS with FSD?
Pulled the trigger on this a couple weeks ago, and have noticed the same thing, Ax. Less nags on local roads <50 mph at a factor of 2x. Highway seems about the same, and as annoying as ever. The reduced nags on the local roads was a welcome + though, as 90% of my driving is just that.

Reactions: Axtrader
Did anyone see a confirmation of FSD purchase (email or in your car) after you took the plunge?

I got an email right after purchasing and the purchase agreement invoice is in the documents section of my Tesla account.

I did not see any confirmation in my car though. The features just showed up right after purchase. Autosteer, summon, Autopark appeared immediately while Nav on AP showed up the next day. At the time, I was on 2018.49.20.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
According to a recent post on reddit, and "confirmed" by a comment on said post, FSD did go back up to $5000 for owners with EAP at or around midnight last night.

Does anyone feel better about their $2K purchase today? Now that the sale is over, the price is back up to $5K and Tesla will now focus on those 30,000 cars waiting for end of quarter delivery.

So for purely speculation fun, the next demand levers Elon will pull in June to feed Tesla fan addiction and improve cash flow for the next quarter will likely include: 1) M3 lease option 2) Availability/delivery of Hardware 3.0 @ $5K for those procrastinators 3) Right hand drive M3 for UK, Australia, Hong Kong.

Further out in September (Q3) and December (Q4), we could see: 1) MS/MX refresh 2) Tesla Truck reveal 3) China M3 production announcement 4) Roadster Production start 5) Tesla Semi Production start 6) V3 Supercharger update/replacement plan

How many other demand levers are there to pull? The nine lives of Elon are good for at least another year..... Addicts rejoice!

Reactions: mtndrew1
Does anyone feel better about their $2K purchase today? Now that the sale is over, the price is back up to $5K and Tesla will now focus on those 30,000 cars waiting for end of quarter delivery.

So for purely speculation fun, the next demand levers Elon will pull in June to feed Tesla fan addiction and improve cash flow for the next quarter will likely include: 1) M3 lease option 2) Availability/delivery of Hardware 3.0 @ $5K for those procrastinators 3) Right hand drive M3 for UK, Australia, Hong Kong.

Further out in September (Q3) and December (Q4), we could see: 1) MS/MX refresh 2) Tesla Truck reveal 3) China M3 production announcement 4) Roadster Production start 5) Tesla Semi Production start 6) V3 Supercharger update/replacement plan

How many other demand levers are there to pull? The nine lives of Elon are good for at least another year..... Addicts rejoice!

Why not just keep pulling this one? Biomode was done at $1000 originally. It took almost two years and it came back. Depending on just how much cash is needed, why not pump it back out.

I don't. I attempted to purchase it and couldn't because their system won't let me update the billing address. Tesla support was supposed to fix it before the cost increase but never did. It still hasn't been fixed, but the updated price is there haha.

Oh well, should have stayed in Illinois. $19/year registration was nice.

I don't. I attempted to purchase it and couldn't because their system won't let me update the billing address. Tesla support was supposed to fix it before the cost increase but never did. It still hasn't been fixed, but the updated price is there haha.

Oh well, should have stayed in Illinois. $19/year registration was nice.

The purchase will go through even without the address change. They will still honor the 2K if you go to your local SC and explain that they never fixed the address change issue.