Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 (or 9?) Roadster #278

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0620.JPG

Finally made it home about an hour ago. Projected 11-12 hr trip took 15+ hrs due to terrible weather and traffic, but the car is amazing and worth all the effort. Need to sleep, but need to search the forums to confirm that the battery coolant pump is supposed to be running all the time even though the car was only driven on/off the trailer and around the block. Also the key (1 of 3 including the valet) is sticking in the ignition more than I'd like. Other than that I couldn't find anything wrong with the car. OK, a tiny chip on one of the rims, but it's in amazing shape.

Lots of carbon fiber inside including the custom glove box. Will post pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks. Looks like the coolant is low, but thinking that I can't check with the pump running. Is that right? I do see coolant coming out of the pump and there are no signs of a leak under the car. When I start the car, all of the temp readings are one bar to the right of fully cool (e.g. in the blue) so I'm guessing I can go to sleep without worrying about burning up my battery pack.

Thanks. Looks like the coolant is low, but thinking that I can't check with the pump running. Is that right? I do see coolant coming out of the pump and there are no signs of a leak under the car. When I start the car, all of the temp readings are one bar to the right of fully cool (e.g. in the blue) so I'm guessing I can go to sleep without worrying about burning up my battery pack.

Coolant level was fine. Just had to shine a flashlight behind it to see it well.

So here's a little more info...

Didn't want to share too many details until I had the car in my possession and could confirm some things in person.

First the price. Pretty obvious from the eBay Listing, but I got it for $57,780 plus a few Texas Direct Auto fees. They took off $200 from the ask it now because they took it off eBay. Not the cheapest, but I'm happy with the price based on everything I've seen on the car. With some of the unlisted extras, I think it was a good deal.

Now for some details:
  1. Single owner San Diego car.
  2. Display says it was Manufactured in Feb 2009. The Prior (Original) owner took delivery on March 24th 2009. No one seems to know why one of the VIN stickers shows a Dec 2009 Manufacture date and it seems it's just a typo/mistake.
  3. Car has just over 14k miles. Went from Tesla trade to me in less than a month. Under 100 miles added during that time.
  4. Per the PO, the tires were never changed. It has the AD07s all around and the rear tread is now 2/32 so it's probably time for some AD08s in the rear (unless the 3.0 upgrade drops soon). Good indication of how the car was driven.
  5. Tesla upgraded by PO: headlamps, sound deadening, suspension
  6. Al & Eds upgrades by PO: stereo with rear camera (Kenwood KVT-614) , carbon fiber elements including glovebox with door under receiver & door sills, CilaJet
  7. Paint & interior look great. Found one small chip in a rim.
  8. Top bar of my "A" in "TESLA" along the back is missing :(

Please let me know if you want to see pictures of anything in particular (e.g. the glovebox).

Off to order the OVMS...

Thanks.
-Brian