Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster #265 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be time to sell my Roadster. We are buying a new house and spent too much money.

2008 Tesla Roadster 1.5, #265
43,500 miles, minimum
CAC 139.75. Charges to 167 ideal miles standard, ~220 miles in range mode.
$55,500 or best offer.

Options:
  • Metallic Paint: $1000. Twilight Blue.
  • Solar Guard Windshield: $400.
  • Paint Armor: $1495.
  • Carbon Fiber Hard top in matching body color. $3200. Almost never used. Stored in the Tesla hard top bag.
  • Electronic Group: $3000
  • Floor Mats: $150
  • Premium Leather Interior: $1800. Cream colored, and gorgeous.
  • Forged Silver Wheels
Charging Options
  • Tesla MC-240. $1500. Plugs into a NEMA 14-50 outlet and charges at 240V up to 30 amps.
  • Tesla MC-120. Plugs into a regular 110 outlet.
  • Tesla TS-70 High Power Connector. $3000. Big, hard wired roadster charger made by Clipper Creek. Charges at 240V up to 70 amps.
  • Tesla J1772 adapter for charging on the go. $700. Up to 70 amps.
Upgrades
  • Adjustable suspension. $6000. Installed 4/9/2013 by Tesla.
  • Upgraded stereo to JVC KD-NX5000. $1000. Was done by Tesla after the car was delivered so it’s missing the subwoofer.
  • 2nd soft top. $1100. Nearly brand new.
Aftermarket
  • JL Audio rear speakers.
  • Open Vehicle Monitoring System (OVMS) installed. This is an app that allow you to monitor and interact with the car remotely. You will need to supply your own SIMM card and data plan to use it.
  • Front license plate bracket that uses the tow hook. No screw holes in the bumper. I do have the bumper mount bracket, too, unused.
  • Replaced all of the silver knobs with some I picked up at Radio Shack. They are much sturdier. I still have the originals, but several are broken.
Notes:
  • Annual service was done in March 2017.
  • Rear tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL. New 9/2016. 10,000 miles and still looking good.
  • Front tires are Yokohama AD08. New 5/2017. 3,000 miles.
  • Front TPMS sensors were replaced with new front tires. I have the new rear TPMS sensors, they just need to be installed when the next set of rear tires go on. Currently the car gives a TPMS error because the batteries on the rears are completely dead.
  • Alignment completed 5/2017.
  • I have all service records from my 3 years of ownership. I believe I have most of the original owner’s records, too.
Issues:
  • The AC has a rattle. Tesla has tried to fix it twice, unsuccessfully. The AC works fine, it’s just noisier than it used to be.
  • The front bumper and grill were replaced due to hitting some chunks of metal flying down the highway. A scratch in the passenger quarter panel was also repaired. I have all documentation.
  • The sides under the doors are pretty chipped up due to rocks.
  • The door sills are cracked on both sides. It didn’t bother me enough to replace them.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll get more photos up, soon.
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png

Sorry, Steve. We are expecting to get a lot more for the sale of our house than expected, so we've decided to keep #265. <whew!> Thanks for the interest, though! Let me know when you get yours. I'd be happy to meet up for a drive!