Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster won't move

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D5EE1BC6-802D-463F-A0F7-A4607E7EEB34.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: petergrub
Hit return and then drag the parser back into the terminal and then the .tar file you have in the folder with your vin number

again mine would be
/Users/mac/Desktop/VMSParser /Users/mac/Desktop/VehicleLogs/5YJRE1A18A1000690/201904050820.tar

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: petergrub
@X.l.r.8, that command line was a bit strange. It would change the protection of both the VMSParser program and the tar file to be executable, but it would not cause the program to start and then read the tar file. There is no purpose for the tar file to be executable. I think what you meant to suggest were two separate commands:

chmod u+x /Users/mac/Desktop/VMSParser

/Users/mac/Desktop/VMSParser /Users/mac/Desktop/VehicleLogs/5YJRE1A18A1000690/201904050820.tar

Knowing what I know you are probably right, I stumbled past the permission denied but once past that I couldn't recreate it. I'll edit it now, as you can guess I'm just understanding arduino so know enough to do something bad

I did get into the diagnostics and under recent probs it says DMC FW Invalid shift request Waring and BSM Isolation Fault
The recent alerts is perfect. That BSM isolation fault is the likely culprit keeping your Roadster from driving sometimes. That error shows up when there's a low path of resistance to ground.

Did you have any high voltage work done recently on the Roadster? PEM, battery, HVAC system?

Could this be one of the riveted packs?
I don't think so as it wouldn't cause an isolation fault. Isolation faults are usually caused by dirt or moisture causing the high voltage to find the chassis of the battery, PEM, or HVAC controller. The battery and high voltage system floats independently of the chassis.

I've heard that the riveted packs will throw error ID 9 when the rivet(s) loosen.

The recent alerts is perfect. That BSM isolation fault is the likely culprit keeping your Roadster from driving sometimes. That error shows up when there's a low path of resistance to ground.

Did you have any high voltage work done recently on the Roadster? PEM, battery, HVAC system?
I got the car in December and have had nothing done- I know that the battery was replaced last summer. It was done at Tesla in Texas.
I am having problems charging it with 220V mostly it won't work but does about 15% of the time. Do you think that this is related??

What is the next thing to be done??? as I haven't a clue- you guys amaze me!!!

I got the car in December and have had nothing done- I know that the battery was replaced last summer. It was done at Tesla in Texas.
I am having problems charging it with 220V mostly it won't work but does about 15% of the time. Do you think that this is related??

What is the next thing to be done???
I think that the 220V charging issue may be related to the isolation fault. Can you send me a copy of your log file to review?

There is another owner with isolation faults and her battery was just installed a couple of months ago. Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times.. Well let's just hope we can help Tesla nip this problem in the bud before three shows up.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
I am going to do another log so that the memory stick won't be corrupted by my Mac. Then will send it to Henry Sharp and he will open it and post to you guys on TMC. Tesla all ready knows about the problem and the car is scheduled to go there on the 3rd of June. Figured that it would be time to get it to them if it wasn't fixed by then.
Really do thank all of you for your help!!!