Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Signature 100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am driving a new BMW Z4 and looking into 2008 Signature 100 as a weekend/collection car (maybe 30 miles each week).
This particular car mileage is about 12k, fully loaded and excellent condition.

It is selling for 65k. Is it reasonable?
It says comes with high power 220v charging system. My garage only has 110V outlet. Will it work for me?
It seems like 100 signature is cheaper than 2.0 and 2.5. Do you think 1.5 is more difficult to maintain in the long run?

This will be my first E car.

Thoughts:

Price isn't horrible. Non-sig 2008's tend to run lower, but imho they are undervalued versus the later Roadsters. A lot depends on your assessment of the car's condition (sig#84?) and potential collector value.

For 30 mi trips, you can survive on 110V 15A - that amount will recharge overnight. The 220v wall connector system is better if you want to install the inside/outside the garage, but not necessary for very light use. Maybe just ID some public chargers nearby if you need quicker charging occasionally, when you start driving the car more than expected...:D

Don't think 1.5's a re harder to maintain. They do have some more expensive parts, but those are arguably better.

Good luck!

Thoughts:

Price isn't horrible. Non-sig 2008's tend to run lower, but imho they are undervalued versus the later Roadsters. A lot depends on your assessment of the car's condition (sig#84?) and potential collector value.

For 30 mi trips, you can survive on 110V 15A - that amount will recharge overnight. The 220v wall connector system is better if you want to install the inside/outside the garage, but not necessary for very light use. Maybe just ID some public chargers nearby if you need quicker charging occasionally, when you start driving the car more than expected...:D

Don't think 1.5's a re harder to maintain. They do have some more expensive parts, but those are arguably better.

Good luck!

Yes.
I emailed him asking him service record and asked him battery heath.

I guess i need to check the CAC value? It should be around 140?