Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2009 1.5 Roadster to be for sale soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story behind this Roadster. My buddy and I went in 50/50 back in....2011 I think to buy the car. Few years later he bought my half out.

He passed away and left me the car. Life doesn't leave me any resources for it so I know I will sell it.

VIN #314, Twilight Blue, I think about 10k miles on the ODO. Always garage kept, drives as it should. Range seems solid at 182-187 Ideal.

All 4 TPM's are fault, due for service and one error message that needs to be cleared due to a power outage at the house. Would also come with the Tesla charger (70amp?) and adapter for charging at any charge station.

$50k OBO located in the Seattle area WA.

I'll see if I can get a picture up.

A few pictures.

Attachments

• Tesla_Roadster_1.jpg
    Tesla_Roadster_1.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Tesla_Roadster_2.jpg
    Tesla_Roadster_2.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Tesla_Roadster_3.jpg
    Tesla_Roadster_3.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Tesla_Roadster_4.jpg
    Tesla_Roadster_4.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Brentt
Good luck with the sale! Is this a 3.0 upgraded battery? Our ideal range on standard mode is the same.

It’s likely a 53kWh original pack. Batteries in great shape will charge to high 185-189 range on 110V chargers, as shown here. Mine, when I got it six months ago, had a CAC of 158 and would charge to 190 in Standard Mode on 110V. It was beautiful.

Why do they go higher on 110 vs. 240?

While I’m not certain regarding any science behind it, I do notice that the Roadster tends to stay charging longer on 110V - usually to the full 85% SOC. However, while on 240V at higher amps, it tends to stop at 83% (according to the diagnostic menu’s SOC % rating).

Regardless, the difference in 110 / 240 charging is about 3-4 miles. It’s far more inefficient to charge on 110 all the time, so I personally think it outweighs the extra miles. Also, 110V charging doesn’t allow thermal management of the battery

I’ve also noticed that the Roadster 1.5’s firmware likes to charge to 88% in Standard Mode. Probably equates to the higher range shown in the photo there as well.

Last edited:
@The_User and I have agreed to terms and I am so excited to join this community and hopefully share back with all of you as well.

I am from the NSX community and there are a lot of similarities (good) between the 2. Matter of fact I am selling my NSX after 23 years to purchase this Roadster.

Really looking forward to the Roadster experience and meeting many of you over time!

Welcome to the community! Your're going to have a blast with your Roadster. I always wanted an NSX but never got it done. Then ended up going straight with the Roadster years ago.

Enjoy!

NSX is sublime. I love the feel of the bolt action shifter, the usable performance and the handling can only be described as "cheat mode". On a race track punches way above its weight. Everyone I ever met who sold it regretted it.

That said my track days every other weekend are over and time to let someone else enjoy it.

Really excited what the Roadster has to offer and I am a HUGE EV fan.

The Roadseter reminded me so much of the NSX in a strange way. Manual steering, super low to the ground, decent ride quality, and puts a smile on your face every time.

NSX is sublime. I love the feel of the bolt action shifter, the usable performance and the handling can only be described as "cheat mode". On a race track punches way above its weight. Everyone I ever met who sold it regretted it.

That said my track days every other weekend are over and time to let someone else enjoy it.

Really excited what the Roadster has to offer and I am a HUGE EV fan.

The Roadseter reminded me so much of the NSX in a strange way. Manual steering, super low to the ground, decent ride quality, and puts a smile on your face every time.

Having had several NSX cars and now numerous Roadsters, I would take a 3.2L 6 speed NSX over the roadster any day. 23 years ago for you could either be a 96 3.0L or 97 3.2L, so I don't know which one you are giving up, and there is a world of difference in the performance between the two. The NSX is just an all around pleasure to drive. After my 6 years of driving the Roadster, it still seems like an unfinished science experiment. If it wasn't an EV, it would be just another tiny impractical English sports car, which is what it started life as anyways. But it is hard to go back to an ICE car, so I just keep waiting for its replacement.

Having had several NSX cars and now numerous Roadsters, I would take a 3.2L 6 speed NSX over the roadster any day. 23 years ago for you could either be a 96 3.0L or 97 3.2L, so I don't know which one you are giving up, and there is a world of difference in the performance between the two. The NSX is just an all around pleasure to drive. After my 6 years of driving the Roadster, it still seems like an unfinished science experiment. If it wasn't an EV, it would be just another tiny impractical English sports car, which is what it started life as anyways. But it is hard to go back to an ICE car, so I just keep waiting for its replacement.

I have owned my NSX 91 Coupe for 23 years and 42k miles. I won't say how many of those were on the track but let's say A LOT. I wouldn't agree with 3.2 vs 3.0. I would say Coupe vs NSX T. The coupe is the one to have! Grab a wrench and lower the weight (40 Lb battery, 40 lb spare, pull cast iron headers (why???), 14 lb tools, simple Z Chip it, and with Type R gears you will run circles around 3.2 NSX T.s Gingerman, Road America, Road Atlanta, Gateway, Mid Ohio. My NSX is going to be the steal of the decade on BAT in a week. I recorded some driving videos and I scared myself how quick it was. She will be missed but she needs to be driven and adored. I let go a 930 Turbo 76 Widow Maker for $26k so I am sure I will live to regret this too. Yet cars are make to be driven/enjoyed/loved and happy for the next owner in advance.