Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2009 BMW 128i Drivers Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone - thank you for checking in on my post. I am putting up for sale my 2009 128i with coral red interior and a 6-speed. I ordered a tesla back in January now that its time to take delivery in a couple weeks, it's time for this guy to find a new home.

I want to preface, that this car is not a clean, pristine example of the 1 series with the n51. However, this is an example of a car that can be turned into a capable track toy, fun daily driver (which it was for me), or whatever you want it to be. There are quite a few scratches in the paint, interior that's seen better days, and hyper-dipped RF1's, but this is still the most fun car I've had to date.

I want to be up front and honest about this whole car, what it is, and what it isn't. So i have taken detailed pictures of what i think it necessary to bring up for a buyer (things i would like to know and be aware of when buying a car). No hiding the ball here.

General overview:
2009 128i
131,349 miles
6-speed
n51
VIN: WBAUP93569VF45838
Black with Coral red interior (real leather before the switch to partial leather)
Muffler Delete (still have stock muffler)
RPF-1's square on all 4 corners
Hankook Ventus V12: 225/40/18
Koni Sport Adjustable with Eibach Lowering springs

The Good:
New radiator and coolant lines/fluids - Aug 2021
Brake Fluid flush - Dec 2021
New engine and cabin air filters - Dec 2021
New spark plugs - Dec 2021
OFHG/oil pressure switch replaced - Feb 2022
Serpentine Belt replaced - Feb 2022
Strictly Liqui-Moly 5W30 special tech every 5k miles - May 2022
Shell/Mobil 93 only - nothing else.

The Bad:
Paint is scratched up pretty bad on the top - nothing a 2 or 3 stage compounding can't take out; it's all in the clear coat, nothing crazy deep. The previous owner before me must've been a surfer and strapped down the board there. It's only bad on the driver side.

There is a stress fracture in the rear bumper - previous owner must've bumped something.

There is some paint that has scuffed off on the end of the door from opening it and it hitting my garage wall. Also a couple door dings. All found in the pictures.

Tint is starting to come up in the rear.

Interior has seen better days. It's not terrible by any stretch, however, the little slider to close the sunroof, the fabric is starting to separate...the leather on the driver side door fell off, and its friction held up using some extra tape i had laying around (green stuff in the pictures). The leather is also starting to wear on the driver side bolster area. No floor mats come with the car either. When i bought it, they didn't come with it.

The dynamic headlight module is failed, so the headlights dont turn with the road. I dont find this an issue for me since its pretty well lit up where i live.

RPF-1's are hyper-dipped black. The original color is silver, and they are in good shape. One wheel is curbed - not terribly though.

As for the sale of the car, i would much rather do this in person rather than ship the car, so you can get eyes on the areas that i have highlighted and you can take this guy out for a drive. Rowing through the gears in this is such a pleasure, you cant even tell it has 130k+ miles on it. The muffler delete is just perfect sound wise - not too quiet, not loud at all. I will include the stock muffler as well. The car handles great with the Koni's and looks pretty decent with the lowering springs. Paint is sealed with Blackfire Si02 spray sealant, shines up nice and protects for 6-7 months. I reapply every month to keep it fresh.

The car has a lien on it with Westlake Financial and the payoff is about $7K. We will have to work out a deal to pay off the car with Westlake, and i can ship you the title once it gets here. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, we can work out a collateral deal, or whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable. Car comes with both keys. I am looking to sell the car for $9,500 obo. Willing to work on the price with real buyers that can pick the car up.

Please find the pictures below in the google photos link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...SD?usp=sharing