Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2009 Corvette ZR1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
capt.8908cfb2fb46495b8b6ff13fe410a696.muscle_cars_ny113.jpg

This image provided by General Motors Corporation shows the 2009 Corvette ZR1, the fastest, most powerful automobile ever produced by General Motors Thursday, December 20, 2007 in Detroit, Michigan. The Corvette ZR1 features an all-new LS9 supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine targeted to produce 620 horsepower and approximately 595 lb.-ft. of torque. The ZR1 is expected to be the first production Corvette to achieve a top speed of at least 200 mph. The Corvette's chief engineer, Tadge Juechter , says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide emissions.
(AP Photo/HO -General Motors)

How is an owner expected to carry their groceries in this car? This is not practical OR affordable.

If GM is going to change the world then they have to stop making cars that you can't pile the kids into after soccer practice.

Make me a 600 hp car that can go triple the speed limit 200 mph that I can haul watermelons in and I'll buy it.

How is an owner expected to carry their groceries in this car? This is not practical OR affordable.

If GM is going to change the world then they have to stop making cars that you can't pile the kids into after soccer practice.

Make me a 600 hp car that can go triple the speed limit 200 mph that I can haul watermelons in and I'll buy it.
Ah! Sarcasm without the smilies, so refreshing.

Funny thing is (if you suspend any opinions on global warming for a moment), GM literally is changing the world with with cars you can pile the kids into after soccer practice.

Back on topic; as hot as this car is, my favorite Vette will always be the '57.

AND another thing...

And another thing.

Can you belive they want us to drive all over to find a refueling site and then pay exhorbinant amounts for us to continue driving?!!

I prefer filling my car at home while I sleep thankyouverymuch.

I've heard that this "fuel" that it requries is both toxic and extremely flammable. How can they get away with selling a product that is so dangerous to use?

What if you get in an accident? Why, the thing might blow up! Even if you weren't, any rescue personnel would be risking their lives to help you.

Would you even feel safe just having a car full of many gallons of potentially explosive liquid sitting in your garage? And what the stuff spills out somehow?

On another note, they make a big deal about how they apply special stuff on the ZR1 to keep the exposed carbon fiber from yellowing after exposure to too much sunshine. Is this really a problem? The "rollbar" right behind the driver and passenger on the Tesla is exposed carbon fiber material, as are some of the interior surfaces. I'd hate to see that turn yellowish after a couple years.

I guess I'll take that up with the Tesla people, and let you all know what they say.