Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200mph. What does the Plaid actually need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me! Me! But I have not been deemed worthy of Musk’s love. No sir. I shall try harder…

I love that Tesla thought it was cool to make people pay $135k for a Plaid, $10k for FSD, and then drive 7 mph to get a 100 score on the Beta program for a *chance* to be selected.

Meanwhile, I'm over here zooming around in my old obsolete P90D with a stable firmware release, not worrying about Papa Elon.

I love that Tesla thought it was cool to make people pay $135k for a Plaid, $10k for FSD, and then drive 7 mph to get a 100 score on the Beta program for a *chance* to be selected.

Meanwhile, I'm over here zooming around in my old obsolete P90D with a stable firmware release, not worrying about Papa Elon.
Yeah, poor me… 😂 not exactly I guess. I only paid 119 and didn’t get FSD. Firmware seems solid to me. Would slit my wrists if I had to drive an old boat P90D

Yeah, poor me… 😂 not exactly I guess. I only paid 119 and didn’t get FSD. Firmware seems solid to me. Would slit my wrists if I had to drive an old boat P90D
Interesting comment for a car that still does 2.7 sec 0-60? Wow. FYI that old boat gave rise to your new toy. As did the first 2012 signature…broke all conventional combustion wisdom in one sexy stroke!

I’ll pay respect where it’s due…hats off to 40, 60, 85, P85, P85+, P85D, P85DL, 85D, 70D, P90D, P90DL, 90D, 75D, P100D, 100D, Performance, Long Range…thank you for paving the way 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

Last edited:
I suspect we'll see some lawsuits. Confirmed it is the carbon ceramic brake kit required for 200mph. Originally, the Plaid was advertised as 200mph with wheels/tires required. This verbiage was there for months and months after the car was shipping.

"The indicated Plaid top speed requires proper wheels and tires which will be available in Fall 2021."

I enjoy my Plaid, but Tesla's shenanigans are really something these days. Fall, 2021, eh?

• Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
I suspect we'll see some lawsuits. Confirmed it is the carbon ceramic brake kit required for 200mph. Originally, the Plaid was advertised as 200mph with wheels/tires required. This verbiage was there for months and months after the car was shipping.

"The indicated Plaid top speed requires proper wheels and tires which will be available in Fall 2021."

I enjoy my Plaid, but Tesla's shenanigans are really something these days. Fall, 2021, eh?

Hey, at least it’s not like the 2020 Roadster, which has its timing failure baked into its name!

• Funny
Reactions: xEvoLveDx