Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200W Power Inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings Friends,

I am expecting delivery of my Tesla at the end of this month, obviously I am quite excited. I am required to use a BESTEK 200W Power Inverter for my job, and I was wondering the impact this may have (if any) on the vehicle. Yes, I realize this will reduce my mileage...but outside of that I am inquiring to see if there is anything else I should be concerned or aware of.

I've attached the Spec sheet should this be something of use.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_20160808_0001.pdf
    488.3 KB · Views: 79
I've been using the Bestek 300W inverter - works great so far. Kids like having it.

I don't think it'll affect range noticeably. My MacBook pro 15 only has 85W power supply. I'd have to use it for 10 hours of heavy use to get close to 1 kwh (3 miles of range).

The scale of power usage for driving really takes some mental readjustment. Cruising on the highway uses something like 20kW of power. If that 300W inverter is constantly running at full blast, it'll increase your total power consumption by about 1.5%. The car will use about 300Wh of energy to go one mile, so 300W would drain the battery at a rate of about 1MPH, and would take over a week to drain it from 100% to 0%.