TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2010 Roadster 2.0 - Radiant Red - 13,900 miles -NEW PEM with warranty - $63,000

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by hsull8915, Apr 5, 2018.

1. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

#1 hsull8915, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    As much as it saddens me to do this, I am letting my beautiful Roadster go. After accepting a fantastic new job that requires a 60-mile commute each way, I've fallen for leasing a Model X with Autopilot. More importantly, when we sell the Roadster, we've decided to put in solar and a Powerwall at our house, so it's not a total bummer, right? :)

This is Roadster 543. She's had every annual service performed since 2010, with the most recent occurring on 8/11/17.

IMG_1462.jpeg

Most importantly, the Power Electronics Module failed due to the previous generation dual fan setup on 2.0/2.5 cars, and was replaced in September 2017. The service center replaced the entire PEM, which now carries a 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty, and also replaced the dual fan setup with the upgraded single motor unit for the Motor / PEM fans. Altogether it was over $1X,XXX to repair. In this case, my loss is your gain. This is, to my knowledge, the only Roadster 2.0/2.5 on the market with a warranty on the PEM, which is historically the biggest issue with 2.0/2.5 cars. The upgraded fan unit also carries a warranty - 1 Year / 12,000 miles. Both parts were replaced at 5,484 miles. Currently, the car is at 13,900 miles.

This incredible car deserves a loving home where it can be enjoyed essentially worry-free with a PEM warranty for the next 15,000+ miles. Thanks to my fellow OCD Roadster enthusiast @DeedWest, the car has been exceptionally paint-corrected, detailed, and finished off with a paint sealant that will last for at least 4 months.

The battery is also in exceptional shape and is currently at a CAC value of 151.28. This charges to 179 in Standard Mode, and the one time I charged in Range Mode before leaving on a trip, it charged to 235. If I recall correctly, a new battery is 156-160 CAC and charges to 245 in Range Mode, so that would make this battery in amazing shape!

Just recently had a FRESH set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the rear. They have roughly 400 miles on them.

543 has the following options and upgrades:

- 2010 Roadster 2.0 (Non-Sport)
    - Radiant Red Metallic
    - Premium Beige Interior
    - Cast Wheels
    - Solar Guard Windshield
    - Electronics Group (upgraded speakers, subwoofer, JVC navigation unit with bluetooth & DVD, etc.)
    - Paint Armor (which is strangely not on the window sticker, but surely enough, it's real)
    - 110V Spare Mobile Connector. Charges at 15A / 110V.
    - 240V Universal Mobile Connector. Charges at a max of 40A / 240V using a NEMA 14-50 plug.

I've added the interior Carbon Fiber pieces surrounding the radio, and also the carbon fiber speedo/tachometer cover as shown in the photos below. Also, the windows and rear window are tinted. This immensely helps against every other car blinding you at nighttime.

I would be thrilled to get $63,000 for this exceptionally cared-for Roadster, but depending on how quickly, I may go lower.
    The paint, tires, battery, and now PEM with warranty are all in fantastic like-new shape, and she deserves a good home!!!

Thanks in advance. Please comment or message with any questions.

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1465.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1477.jpeg
    (I know - the PEM says Roadster Sport. That's the cover they gave me with the replacement. It can apparently be changed to normal if you desire. Me? I think it makes the car go "faster". :D

IMG_1470.jpeg
    New Super Sport rear tires. Quieter and longer treadlife with equal performance as the OEM Yokohama.

IMG_1461.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Love x 3
  2. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

Man, what a beautiful car. Can tell it has been well loved. Wish I was in the position to snap it up!
    Good luck!

• Like x 1
  3. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Radiantly Beautiful!!! Someone is going to be very hapyy getting this well cared for car..

• Like x 3
  4. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Here's a few more photos. Thought some of you might like proof of the PEM's replacement, which is evident by the "remanufactured" tag and the serial number. PEMs are built in the Tesla factory in California and sent to service centers with that title.

IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

0543.jpeg
    Original window sticker.

Price is slightly negotiable depending on timeframe...as I'm trying to let this car go before May, when I'm hoping to start my Model X lease. Thanks again for looking!

5. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

That depreciation is shocking!

6. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

Beautiful car!! Have you considered trading this into Tesla for you new Model?

7. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Tesla only accepts Roadsters on trade-in to give them away at auction. That being said, they offer about half of the current market value.

• Informative x 1
  8. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Price reduced to $61,888.
    As always, I'm still open to offers depending on timeframe, and am happy to arrange shipping anywhere at buyer's expense. Here is the link to my listing with CarGurus.

9. FrenchTexan

FrenchTexan Member

Looks like you've kept it in great condition!

I'm based in Dallas and would love to see the car if you're available on Saturday. We have a Model 3 and Model S, but I miss having something sportier to drive on the weekends and don't think I could go back to a 'regular' car again :)

I can't figure out how to DM you for some reason, but feel free to reply to this or via mathieu dot stevenson at gmail

10. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

@FrenchTexan, I sent you a DM. Hope it worked for you. Thanks!

11. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

Dang wish i hadn't just bought my S.
    Good luck, i just sent pm to buddy in FW.

• Like x 1
  12. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Thank you!

13. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Price reduced to $60,888. Hoping to find this beauty a new home soon.

14. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

Hello all. I've been swamped with work and have not been 100% focused on keeping up with this. However, Roadster 543 is still available!

I am dropping the price to $59,000. The brand new Power Electronics Module still has a transferable WARRANTY until September 2019.

If anyone would like more photos or questions answered, feel free to comment or message me. Thanks so much!

IMG_1454.jpeg

15. Dan43

Dan43 Member

If this car could be transferred to Canada/Vancouver (an old question I would imagine) I'd buy it. I guess you can't just drive over the border in it :)

16. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

It would need a few upgrades / retrofits from Tesla, but it can certainly be done!

17. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Interesting, feel free to PM or here as to what would need doing?

18. hsull8915

hsull8915 Member

19. DeedWest

DeedWest Roadsters VP24 & 1462

Bumping this beautiful & well cared-for Roadster because it deserves a home! I’ve been lucky enough to drive this on occasion and it’s spectacular.

Sad to see Harry leaving us in the (unofficial) Dallas Roadster Club, but hopefully someone new can give it the love it deserves.