TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2010 Roadster 2.5 - 100 miles - Silver - No VIN listed

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by 3lectronica, Sep 1, 2011.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    Check out that license plate!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

Who loves a car enough to get a cool vanity plate like that, and then only drives it 75 miles? And that's assuming it only had 25 on the clock [like ours] when it arrived. Sad to see that.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Looks like they have 1 carpool sticker on there too.

4. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Maybe they had serious financial problems right after they paid for it and by the time they got it they realized that they really needed to sell it as much as it kills them.

5. S-2000 Roadster

Based on recent averages, the odometer could have read 75 upon delivery!

Can any Signature 100 or other Roadster 1.5 owners comment on their odometer readings at delivery? Is there a thread for this already?

6. SByer

SByer '08 #383

I seem to remember something in the 25-35 range.

7. S-2000 Roadster

Mine had 111 miles on it when delivered. The VehicleLogs show a 2-hour trip for 60 miles in its early history, then storage. I was told by the sales staff that Tesla Motors wants to "thoroughly test" every car because this is such new technology, but that would not be consistent with delivering the Signature 100 with low miles ("untested") and then start testing more thoroughly after they've delivered thousands of them. I suspect it's just that the "on spec" cars get used for errands and such because they're available.

Anyway, my point is that this Silver 2010 Roadster 2.5 may never have been driven by an owner. The variation in odometer readings on freshly delivered Roadsters varies too much to say. The VehicleLogs would probably tell the story, provided you can find the date when the car transitioned from Tesla Motors to its first owner.

8. efxjim

efxjim Member

i bought my 2.0 from Webb Farrer the seller of this car as well. He is an agent for weathy car collectors in the southern california area. He can locate and arrange for the purchase of about any car you can imagine. My purchase was quick and easy. He took care of all the little details.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, I see him listing Roadsters in LA from time to time.
    One of his web sites:
    WebbWax.com

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member