Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster 2.5 shaking at high speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Roadster owners. I drove my Roadster 2.5 for the first time at high speeds with my new tires, hoping that they would solve my shaking at high speeds problem. The car drives better for sure, but still shakes like it's going to tear loose or fall apart above 70mph. Does anyone else have this issue?

I agree with hanknum. Did the person who changed your tires check to see if the wheels were true? My Roadster is very stable and smooth at high speed. The only time it wasn't was after I hit a pothole and put a tiny wobble in the rim. It was only off by a little bit but you could feel it. I had it rebalanced but it didn't help. I replaced the rim and it's been very smooth ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: Roadster
Got the rim straightened out and the car rides smooth as silk now. I had no idea it was supposed to drive that smooth haha.

Unfortunately I kicked in my wheel center cap and blasted it to smithereens while installing the wheel.

I've reverse engineered the original and 3D printed a replacement using PolyMax extra strength material. I kept the old metal plate and the metal ring from the smashed one and installed them both onto the 3D printed one. Looks stock :)

If any of you guys need new center caps, I can 3D print them, and I can even 3D print the Tesla emblem in two tone black/silver just like the originals if you don't have the original metal "sticker". Just DM me :)
tesla-center-cap-01.PNG
tesla-center-cap-02.PNG
tesla-center-cap-03.PNG