Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster Auction, Miramar Beach, FL - April 29, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past 2 months the public has been allowed to view and vote on which 2 Tesla Roadsters would be auctioned off at a wine auction on April 29, 2017. While there is no definitive choice yet, as the voting is still being counted, one of the 2 Roadsters will be auctioned; one of the Roadsters is white and the other is black.

The Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation will auction a 2010 Tesla Roadster to the highest bidder. The St. Joe Community Foundation, Inc., is donating the Tesla Roadster in order to raise funding for the area nonprofits that are participating in the auction. The nonprofits are varied but mostly deal with helping area children and the wine auction is one of the top 10 in the country.

For more information on the auction and the 2 Foundations, their websites are www.DCWAF.com and www.JoeFoundation.com.

Welcome to TMC and thx for sharing with us the plans for your upcoming auction with a noble cause. Be advised that the Roadster market is about as niche as it comes. I'm not sure what the demographics for the prospective bidders in the room will be but many buyers unfamiliar with Tesla's roots (including some Model S/X owners) aren't even aware of the Roadster's existence; let alone its value. There are also some critical things to disclose for anyone who purchases the car that any of us here would be happy to help you with once you've settled on which of the two Roadsters it will be. Speaking of which, if you have the VINs of the two candidates and are in a position to share them, pls feel free as we might be able to help you choose the better car based on its past history.

Separately, there's no mention on the Destin Auction page that the vehicle's a Tesla Roadster. Not sure if that's intentional but if it wasn't, you should definitely consider adding that so Google can crawl the page and optimize it in time for the event which is only about 10 days away. Best of luck with your endeavors and I hope it brings in a mint for your charity!

Reactions: dhrivnak
I stand corrected! There are pages here and here with both cars. Would love to see more photos and details on them. If we're able to vote, I'd go for the Alpine White 2.5 Sport.

3084.jpg

Last edited:
The white is a 2010 2.0 Sport with an upgraded 2.5 bumper. Interesting. The rear diffuser is that of the 1.5/2.0.

If they're ultra low mileage, it's possible that I've never seen these VINs anywhere online.

Here:
The Need for Speed
They say:
...This incredible sports car generates 288 horsepower and 295 pounds per foot of torque and can achieve 0-60 in a neck-snapping 3.7 seconds. The 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport...
...one of the two vehicles showcased here will be auctioned off this April...

But I don't see Sport logos on the black Roadster. Is it a non-sport? If so, the above description would be misleading...
(Assuming they decided to auction off the black instead of the white)

Welcome to TMC and thx for sharing with us the plans for your upcoming auction with a noble cause. Be advised that the Roadster market is about as niche as it comes. I'm not sure what the demographics for the prospective bidders in the room will be but many buyers unfamiliar with Tesla's roots (including some Model S/X owners) aren't even aware of the Roadster's existence; let alone its value. There are also some critical things to disclose for anyone who purchases the car that any of us here would be happy to help you with once you've settled on which of the two Roadsters it will be. Speaking of which, if you have the VINs of the two candidates and are in a position to share them, pls feel free as we might be able to help you choose the better car based on its past history.

Separately, there's no mention on the Destin Auction page that the vehicle's a Tesla Roadster. Not sure if that's intentional but if it wasn't, you should definitely consider adding that so Google can crawl the page and optimize it in time for the event which is only about 10 days away. Best of luck with your endeavors and I hope it brings in a mint for your charity!

Thanks very much for this information. It is number 851, that is the last few digits on the VIN, that was chosen by the public which is the white Roadster and it will be auctioned the afternoon of April. Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation has invited a Tesla representative from the Jacksonville Florida office to be in attendance and explain to the crowd a bit more about the Tesla Roadster.

Because it was not known which vehicle the public would vote to place for auction, the Destin Charity had not posted it previously. It is now public knowledge and they have a published a press release on it.

Thanks, again, for your reply. All the best.

How does one bid?
You would bid by being in attendance at the auction, scheduled to take place at the Grand Boulevard, Miramar Beach, Florida. The auction is in conjunction with a wine auction weekend event. We are located between Panama City Beach and Destin, Florida. A bit remote, but the wine auction is in its 12th year and has been successful in raising funds.

Here:
The Need for Speed
They say:

But I don't see Sport logos on the black Roadster. Is it a non-sport? If so, the above description would be misleading...
(Assuming they decided to auction off the black instead of the white)

Thanks for your question about the black Roadster. I will find out more information on it as I am not as informed about all the different types of Roadsters that were made in 2010.

You would bid by being in attendance at the auction, scheduled to take place at the Grand Boulevard, Miramar Beach, Florida. The auction is in conjunction with a wine auction weekend event. We are located between Panama City Beach and Destin, Florida. A bit remote, but the wine auction is in its 12th year and has been successful in raising funds.
If you'd like to attend the auction to bid on the white Roadster, registration is available here: Destin Charity Wine Auction -- Event Homepage
The live auction is next Saturday, April 29 at 1 PM. A patron package to the auction weekend includes 2 tickets to a patron dinner with a celebrity chef and vintner on Friday night, 2 tickets to the live auction and reserve tasting on Saturday and 2 tickets to the South Walton Beaches Wine and Food Festival on Sunday. More details on all of our events can be found online at the link above. We hope to see a few of you at the event next week! If anyone is interested in bidding and has specific questions on the available vehicle, you are more than welcome to email us directly: [email protected]

Roadster 851 was originally in Oklahoma and had the older style front bumper.
View attachment 223642
View attachment 223643
We're not sure that the image you found matches the VIN number sticker attached. If you notice in the above image, the whole hood and bumper of our Tesla is different. Here is the sticker that Tesla corporate sent us which also has slightly conflicting info. We hope this helps!

Attachments

• Roadster_Sticker_2[18].pdf
    139.1 KB · Views: 86
Your image looks like the "official" price/features "Monroney" sticker.
The one I had looks like some kind of estimate related to the original purchase negotiation.
It was part of a for-sale listing.
( It looks like the old spreadsheet added charges for floor mats & the charging cable, but those don't show on the updated sticker you got from Tesla. Also, the old spreadsheet had a deposit amount listed. )

Here are a couple of more photos from the old "for sale" listing:
P0851-rear.jpg

P0851-seats.jpg

See these:
#851 - White Sport - Oklahoma
2010 Roadster Sport for sale, 443 miles $115K

A number of 2.0 Roadsters had the "2.5 look" front end retrofitted, and these (I think) were unofficially deemed "Roadster 2.25s"

Someone likely put extra money into the car to get the front end updated like that.

Here is another example of someone who did a "2.0 -> 2.25" conversion:
2.25 conversion, interior upgrade, and repaint

Last edited:
Oklahoma takes the cake for the dumbest EV incentive of all time. You could buy an electric car with a 50%!!! tax credit and sell it the next day with no penalty. The person who originally owned #851 pocketed about $40k for storing it in his/her garage for a little while.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture