Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster for $57k - a scam or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TEG

I've seen this picture before on TMC somewhere, but can't find it. IIRC there was a conversation about how it it looked small due to the camera angle?

i-1.JPG

Note, as far as I can tell, private seller from Los Altos sold it through San Francisco Sports Cars consignment center.
It started out in San Carlos (where I saw it in person), but then apparently got sold to another dealer (Jake's motorcars) in San Diego.
I think Jake's saw an opportunity to buy it at (what they thought) was below market rate, and just turn around and "flip it" for a quick profit.

I doubt that the cars.com seller has possession of the yellow one in the picture they provided.
There is a slight chance that they have a different Roadster, and just grabbed the SF Sports Cars picture (and edited it) to use it like a "stock photo".
But, between the low price offer, lack of details, and the picture that appears to be of someone else's Roadster, I am highly dubious.