Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behind-the-Scenes from a TMC Member's Appearance on Jay Leno's Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC Member AltPwr and his Electric Blue 2010 Tesla Roadster (VIN1094) had an exciting opportunity to appear on the CNBC show “Jay Leno’s Garage.” The episode is set to air on CNBC at 7 p.m. PT July 8 (Wednesday) . A teaser for the episode was posted to Facebook.
Ahead of the episode, AltPwr was kind enough to write up some of his experience of what it’s like to roll your ride into Leno’s garage.

Check out the behind-the-scenes story he shared with us below:

[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/07/07/behind-the-scenes-from-a-tmc-members-appearance-on-jay-lenos-garage/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Seeing as there was only one “factory” fully optioned Electric Blue 2.5 produced, I’m so thrilled that your beautiful car was showcased on there! The carbon accents you added are absolutely stunning, and give us one more fully optioned example of (in my opinion) the best color produced.

That was also always my dream configuration. :D

Seeing as there was only one “factory” fully optioned Electric Blue 2.5 produced, I’m so thrilled that your beautiful car was showcased on there! The carbon accents you added are absolutely stunning, and give us one more fully optioned example of (in my opinion) the best color produced.

That was also always my dream configuration. :D

Really? I didn't know that! Well this is not that one, I'm afraid. When I purchased this in 2013, I lived close to the Fremont factory where they had several Roadster trained techs at the time from the original San Carlos assembly building for the Roadsters. So when purchasing, my intention was to purchase all of the exterior carbon fiber pieces and the black alloys and have the factory install them, which they did. So it originally came from the factory without any exposed carbon fiber, then the original owner had Tesla install the complete interior exposed carbon fiber, and I finished it with the exterior. Since Tesla did all of the work, I still consider it pretty close to original, but it was not originally sold that way. I do still have all the original interior and exterior pieces stored.

So how much can you buy second hand today one of these roadsters in great condition?

The prices are all over the map. One just sold on Bring A Trailer for $52K with 61K miles. Others have sold there between $38K and $65K, however Bring A Trailer is not really the best place to sell an EV - mostly die hard fans of older original cars. I follow their site all the time, but for gas cars.

Right now on eBay there are 2 for $40K (134K miles and 87K miles), 1 for $60K (5600 miles) and another for $70K (1800 miles!).

But it also depends on options, color, condition of course, and some are a Sport model that is 0.2 seconds faster 0-60 with suspension and other differences. The exposed carbon fiber in the interior and on the exterior would be a bump in price as well (unless you don't care for that).

And you have the beautiful silver one right above this message.

Reactions: ra88it
Very cool, will be watching.

Question - have your wheels always been in that orientation (spokes pointing forward)? I have VIN 965 and my wheels have been that way for the life of the vehicle, but every other 2.5 that I see has the spokes pointed backward. I always thought I was the only one!