Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster Sport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2010 Tesla Roadster Sport
Carbon Fiber Interior Upgrade
111,600 miles

Pre-paid battery replacement within 10 years (by Aug 10, 2019), a $12,000 value. New owner will receive $2,000 cash back from Tesla when replacement battery is installed in 2019. Current battery still in great condition, about 10% less range since new.

Mods:
  • Tesla xenon headlight upgrade from 2011 model year. This is important. Illumination greatly improved from stock 2010 models.
  • Kenwood stereo head unit with popup 7” LCD, navigation, satellite radio.
  • Backup camera installed above rear license plate. (Part of Kenwood head unit system. Installed by Tesla).
  • Wide angle side view mirrors, an after market stick-on to stock side mirrors made for Lotus Elise. Greatly improves blind spot issue.
Two mobile charging cables with multiple plug adapters.

$55,000

IMG_7078.jpg

P1080436.jpg

P1080440.jpg

P1080444.jpg

P1080445.jpg

P1080460.jpg

Reactions: dhrivnak
I received clarification from Tesla on how the pre-paid battery replacement contract works. It provides for a free battery replacement up until the car is 10 years old, with cash back if done in the 9th or 10th year. So based on date of initial delivery, which was Aug 10, 2009, it works like this:

• Now – Aug 10, 2018: Free battery replacement + $1,000 refund.
• Aug 11, 2018 – Aug. 10, 2019: Free battery replacement + $2,000 refund.
• Aug 11, 2019 onward: Agreement expiration date. So you must get new battery before this date.

I drove it, and this is the best deal on a sport roadster that I’ve seen, and I’ve been looking for about a year. It’s in perfect condition and a gas to drive, with every extra one could imagine and more. I’m too old to have this much fun every day, but I can dream! If the new roadster is a bit rich for your budget, this is the best path to a Tesla roadster!

I have received many questions about whether the pre-paid battery replacement contract can be used for an R80 battery (80 kWh battery providing 340 miles range). I have received a written response from Tesla with an answer of yes.

Pre-Paid battery contract can be used for an R80 battery upgrade

There is a additional cost: $5,000 if the upgrade is done now; $4,000 if upgrade is done between Aug 11, 2018 - Aug 10, 2019. Refer to my original post for the explanation of where those dates come from for this particular Roadster.

It’s a great deal technically (see 3.0 battery thread though for comments), I bought my UK spec Roadster Sport in 2016 with the battery replacement plan, and then last year after going through two PEMS (replaced under the extended service warranty :) ) opted for the third PEM to be replaced and battery also by redeeming the 3.0 upgrade. Cost me an additional £5000 for the upgrade (thanks Brexit for screwing the exchange rate). I am led to believe that the warranty is 3 years on the 3.0 battery though what the specifics are I don’t know. Anyway figure I got a pretty good deal :confused:

I am not a potential buyer as I already have a Roadster, but wanted to comment on these points:
Current battery still in great condition, about 10% less range since new.
For a 2.0 Roadster with almost 112,000 miles I am amazed that your battery has only lost 10% of its original capacity. Potential buyers may like to know the CAC so they can better understand the health of your battery. Can you post that information?
Pre-Paid battery contract can be used for an R80 battery upgrade

There is a additional cost: $5,000 if the upgrade is done now; $4,000 if upgrade is done between Aug 11, 2018 - Aug 10, 2019.
Wow, that is a great deal! In just 6 months you or the next owner can get a 3.0 battery for only $4,000.

You might also want to post the last 3 digits of the VIN. I’m guessing it is in the 600’s?

I don’t have the CAC on the current battery. It reports 178 miles after standard charge, which is still very good. Since battery will be replaced by next year I figure it doesn’t really matter much what the exact CAC numbers are.

I know right? Only $4k for the 80 kWh 340 mile brand new battery with 3 year warranty.

You’re correct. Car #618. I’m the original owner.