Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster started honking periodically when parked in the garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, today my 2010 Roadster started honking periodically when parked in the garage. It will honk 3-4 times in a 2 minute time window and then stop for an hour or more. It hadn't been plugged in for a little while so I plugged it in (it was at around 100 miles of charge left). I thought that helped but it started honking again just now. I don't see any messages on the console. I'll call service tomorrow but wondering if anyone has any thoughts. I just hope the neighbors don't make a noise complaint before I can get this sorted out! Could the 12V battery be dead (dying) perhaps? I am a little overdue for my annual service so it hasn't been looked at in a while but was fine when I last drove it a few weeks ago.

That’s interesting…though not out of the ordinary. Are you seeing any error messages on the VDS screen? You can visit the Diagnostic Menu and check on Recent Alerts to see if any alerts went off without you seeing them. Tap the screen 5-7 times, type “1050”, then press OK to enter Diag Menu. Then select Recent Alerts.

If nothing present there, I would monitor and see if the issue persists. You could try locking the vehicle while it’s inside the garage and see if it’s still happening.