Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Tesla Roadster (5YJRE1A18A1000933)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI saw this Salvage roadster on eBay Tesla Roadster Tesla | eBay

Seller says "This Tesla is NOT damaged but the battery needs to be rebuilt or replaced" But if you look at it's VIN history it says

09/10/2014 Hawaii - Police Report LEFT SIDE IMPACT COLLISION ACCIDENT REPORTED VEHICLE WAS TOWED

And I do remember seeing this car on line at IAAI auction, it had a broken headlight and likely has left front suspension tub/damage if I remember the pictures correctly.

Many photos in the eBay ad and no visible damage. Hmm...

A smart prospective buyer would demand that the car be inspected by the Tesla Honolulu Service Center and get a repair estimate. But no doubt the seller would not agree. Of course it would have to be flat-bedded to the service center.

Old listing:
Salvage 2010 TESLA ROADSTER for sale. VIN: 5YJRE1A18A1000933
TESL ROADSTER

"Primary Damage :UNDERCARRIAGE"
933-1.jpg
933-2.jpg

797090409-2L.jpg

797090409-6L.jpg

Last edited:
Many photos in the eBay ad and no visible damage. Hmm...

A smart prospective buyer would demand that the car be inspected by the Tesla Honolulu Service Center and get a repair estimate. But no doubt the seller would not agree. Of course it would have to be flat-bedded to the service center.

Looks like car was rebuilt once before. Car was in Hawaii, it's now is in Rancho Cordova, California.
short summary

06/22/2010 Titled in Kirkland, WA
09/13/2010 PACIFIC NW REGION, Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
09/21/2010 WA Motor Vehicle Dept. REBUILT/REBUILDABLE INSURANCE LOSS
12/13/2010 PUYALLUP, WA 976 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title# 1017349601)
05/27/2014 TACOMA, WA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/10/2014 HI Police Report LEFT SIDE IMPACT COLLISION ACCIDENT REPORTED VEHICLE WAS TOWED
10/22/2014 OR 10669 Motor Vehicle ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
11/05/2014 OR Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title# 1430997507) SALVAGE INSURANCE LOSS POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS - VEHICLE TITLED/REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY

#933 sure has been passed around... Seems it has been repaired multiple times and auctioned multiple times. Maybe crashed multiple times too.

Last edited:
Glacier Blue in Hawaii ?

I wonder if it could have been this one...
In any case, #933 sure has been passed around...

And possibly the reason how got in the accident, why is he driving on the left side of the road in the US?? Yes, those salvage companies pickup these Roadsters and pass them around like its a hall pass in high school. They always fail to save the battery, but are asking every time top dollar as if the battery functions perfectly.

I sent them a PM last night asking for pictures of the undercarriage AND the fact I see damage to the Roadster by viewing the Copart website, which is mentioned nowhere on the eBay page. Seller gave me the runaround and responded "We bought the car form IAAI not from copart and it was advertised as right front damage. thanks Vic". So I gently replied to Vic that they still need to update their pictures and the fact that I am also a member of IAAI. Currently waiting for reply and still no updates made to the eBay page. This is very obvious false advertising and whoever buys this Roadster needs to be informed.

These guys have flipped Roadsters before and play the dumb/I don't know part very well. They fully understand the these cars well enough and the damage they have when they purchase them to give potential buyers honest information. I wouldn't buy a single thing from them. Here's the two negative comments from their ebay profile which sum up what you said:

-do not trust this guys you do not want to deal with them
-IRRESPONSIBLE SELLER, AND WAS A TOTAL FRAUD !! LIARS and DISHONEST PEOPLE

Last edited:
Reactions: ra88it
Bricked 2010 Roadster on ebay - salvage because of battery - what is it worth?

So I saw this tonight on ebay - a gorgeous 2010 Roadster with about 10K miles. If it had a clear title and a good battery it would be worth somewhere between $60-$80K I believe, yes?

They have "buy it now" of $39K - but after the battery replacement you'll have paid $80K for a salvage title.

Traditional wisdom says salvage titles are worth half of clean titles - but if you can prove the car was not wrecked and it was simply a bricked battery - I assume the salvage title on this car would cause less of a value hit.

Any idea what this thing is actually worth in the market with the bricked battery?

Tesla Roadster Tesla | eBay

Looks fully intact (subject to inspection of underside), but given 0 range showing it no doubt has a completely dead battery (power is coming from 12V aux battery I'm sure).

I'd guess someone bricked it and managed to claim it on insurance. Insurance company looked at the price of a battery replacement and wrote it off.

I think that car was in a crash / total. Then it may have sat at the wrecking yard so long off charge that the battery 'bricked'. Then I think they cosmetically repaired the exterior so it superficially doesn't look too bad, but anyone buying it ought to investigate for chassis and suspension damage.

At one point, I think it looked like this:
attachment.php?attachmentid=71863&d=1423554691.jpg

2010 Tesla Roadster (5YJRE1A18A1000933)

I'm sure I will get sniped but anyone know the story here with this one? I'm assuming flood damage if rotors have rust / dead battery...

Tesla Roadster Tesla | eBay

Previous thread talking about this roadster --> 2010 Tesla Roadster (5YJRE1A18A1000933) the car has been in multiple collisions per VIN check.

Note ebay description saying "This Tesla is NOT damaged but the battery needs to be rebuilt or replaced", but at the IAAI auction, photos of the car had a broken light, and auction description said "Loss: COLLISION"...

I've emailed them they don't response back to me anymore, you think they would since I bought roadster #164 from them.

My friend did emailed them and their response to him was them claiming what the description says is accurate, for which he doesn't believe it is.