TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2010 Tesla Roadster Model 2.5 for Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by kmillis99, Dec 19, 2019.

1. kmillis99

kmillis99 New Member

This 2010 Tesla Roadster Model 2.5 is in great condition with only 50,906 miles on it! Not only is it helpful for your pocket with gas money but great for the environment. It has only been with one owner for the whole time! No problems at all! Super smooth ride with a kick that is very surprising for an electric car and really outperforms many sports cars like it. It comes with converter cable for Tesla power stations, J1772 converter for other charging networks, and a hardtop cover with a case! This car has never even left Northern California and has many roads that have yet to be explored so fulfill your electric dream with this great car!

Attached Files:

2. mtavill

mtavill New Member

1. Price?
    2. Supercharger access w/ converter cable?
    3. Battery pack upgrade?
    4. Any issues/ problems whatsoever?

3. drewski

drewski Supporting Member

2. No

• Funny x 2
  4. gregd

gregd Active Member

More specifically, not possible. It is not a matter of an "adapter"; the electrical plumbing simply does not exist in the car.

• Like x 1
  5. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

Are you really trying to sell a Tesla to Tesla owners with your write up.

• Funny x 2
  6. drewski

drewski Supporting Member

I'm sure it was written for mutiple audiences / sites.

7. kmillis99

kmillis99 New Member

1. Price: $59,000
    2. I believe it does have supercharger access (selling for a friend, I don't know specifics) but I could be wrong
    3. No upgraded battery
    4. No issues ever! Just selling because it isn't used that much! Great car! Only 1 owner ever!

8. kmillis99

kmillis99 New Member

contact at [email protected] if you are interested!

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

You are incorrect. Please do not advertise the car stating it has that capability. No 2008-2012 Tesla Roadster can use the Tesla Supercharger network. That is a fact. If you don’t know “specifics” about the car, don’t make assumptions.

Your “friend” the owner could easily join TMC and respond to specific questions to ensure accurate information is presented.

• Like x 5
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I don’t know what that means, and I used to own a Roadster.

• Funny x 1
  11. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Some years ago someone on TMC had fashioned a way for Roadsters to use the Superchargers. The technology wasn't perfect and it was flaky and worked inconsistently but there was something of that ilk being used and discussed. I would classify it as prototype-level technology, at best. At least that how it was five or six years ago when it was discussed here.

12. Sig72

Sig72 Member

NO. No Roadster has EVER had access to Superchargers. I know of a few folks, both internal to Tesla and external, (looking at you @hcsharp ) who have created the ability to change a Roadster's charge port to match that of S/3/X, but that doesn't mean the Roadster has Supercharger access. All Roadsters lack the hardware, firmware, and software to access Superchargers. The only way to ever fast charge a Roadster is if Tony Williams retrofits a J-Demo kit onto it. And that only grants access to 50kw Chademo stations, which are completely independent from Tesla Superchargers

CHAdeMo charging for Tesla Roadster

Full disclosure: I own a Roadster (as well as a Model 3 and Model S), currently work in the energy storage/EV charging field and used to work for Tesla

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  13. kmillis99

kmillis99 New Member

Some people take a mistake wayy to seriously. Just a mistake...

• Like x 1
  14. DeedWest

DeedWest 2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport

It’s highly likely this means the CAN SR adapter.

15. kelghor

kelghor Member

Is this car still available? Thank you