TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport vs 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder

Discussion in 'Video' started by trev0006, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Do the drag race a few more times and then see who has enough clutch left to keep going.

Hmm, no ac, no door handles and the porker still can't keep up.

Can't wait for the electric Porsche though.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#3 TEG, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

3. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Interesting video, I'm glad Arthur St. Antoine seems to like the Roadster.

He does dig at it being electric towards the end of the video but he also mentions he's waiting to see Porsche do an electric car as he clearly enjoys the torque and other fun things that come with an electric vehicle.

4. Webbie

Webbie Rather Senior

Boxster and Tesla

Not a surprising result in this video. Very few cars would match up to that Spyder in handling and track worthiness. When the Boxster and the BMW m-coupe were first out, I drove both. No doubt that the Boxster handling was more balanced, but I went for the m-coupe because it was just more fun -- a lot of low end torque, that BMW dig in and go feeling coming out of corners.

I haven't got the Tesla out of its snow tires yet, so I can't make a real comparison. I don't expect it will beat the Boxster in handling, but I bet it's more fun anyway. Just my thoughts.