TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport with 3.0 R80 Battery (FULLY loaded!)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by arijaycomet, Jul 29, 2018.

1. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport 2.0 #613
    Vehicle includes 3.0 R80 Battery upgrade!!

(See Window sticker photo above for full option list)

Current miles: ~6,500
    MSRP was $150,650
    Over $180,000 total invested!! ($29k 3.0 battery!)

Picked this up two months ago from original owner. It had ~4,500 miles at that time. My friend and I documented our drive from Florida to Ohio in the car. You can see that blog post here:

ROAD TRIP: From Florida to Ohio in a 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport 3.0

Noteworthy details:
    - Lowest mile 3.0/R80 currently on market
    - Fully loaded car, ALL the carbon options
    - Single owner car till I snagged it two months ago
    - Brand new Continental Sport tires
    - Clear bra (PPF) entire front of car
    - Ceramic coating / Paint corrected
    - Most pristine original Roadster I’ve seen in a long time— no flaws. Original owner had a climate controlled garage!
    - CAC 195, 214 std charge - haven’t range charged in a while

Originally picked this up on a whim because the opportunity and timing were perfect. My wife subsequently fell in love with the car. However she doesn’t have the time to enjoy it and we want to consolidate sports cars. My loss is someone else’s gain— I’m going to sell this and my Audi R8 and have my eyes on a few cars. Need to slim the collection.

Hard to price such a car as it’s lower mileage and the 3.0/R80 make it unique compared to others on the market. Don’t plan to list it anywhere else for starters here only— we’ll see what happens.

Asking price:
    $80,000 ... serious offers considered

• Like x 1
  2. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

it looks amazing. Best of luck with the sale.

3. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Thanks.

Other things not mentioned: the car has OVMS 3.0 but have a friend who wants that so it will be included only if sold at/near asking price. Also have a set of Sharp CAN JR/SR adapters that would be sold (at discount) but aren’t otherwise included. Also, the car has a backup camera that wirelessly transmits to the stock JVC Head unit that is included so that is a bonus.

Lastly —- I have a post in the Roadster forums about aftermarket Enkei wheels. Those would be sold ($1,500+ cost!) separately just like the adapters. But again could be included- for the right price. Figured easier to start as a base deal and negotiate from there. ;)

4. AWD>

AWD> Member

Looks great, wish I didn’t miss the original owner selling. Bet you got a good deal. Why selling so soon? What I issues have you found?

5. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

No issues. Needed to replace the 12V battery as prior owner didn’t drive enough. Added a trickle charger for future long periods of rest. Car needed new tires after our drive home. But otherwise the car is seriously perfect. As you would expect for this low of miles on an R80 upgraded car. I’m open to offers FYI ;)

6. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

PS: Selling because the wife doesn’t feel she has the time to use it to justify the cost. I already have a sports car. We are a family of 3 so we don’t need two 2-seater sports cars and only have a two car garage. We don’t want four cars so we plan consolidate our garage a bit. May get back into another BMW i8 (we have a Tesla model S we are def keeping!!) — hope this answers your questions!

7. AWD>

AWD> Member

Cool, GLWS!

8. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Have a few local high-line car dealers who might take the car off my hand. So I’ll give this a quick “hurrah” before it gets sold locally to one of them... open to offers.