Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport with 3.0 R80 Battery (FULLY loaded!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
photo-jun-28-8-20-00-pm.jpg

photo-jun-28-8-38-25-pm-1.jpg

photo-jun-28-8-24-12-pm-2.jpg

photo-jun-11-7-35-41-am.jpg
img_3677.jpg

photo-jun-28-8-25-13-pm.jpg

img_0722.jpg

tesla-roadster-window-sticker-zoom.jpg

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport 2.0 #613
Vehicle includes 3.0 R80 Battery upgrade!!

(See Window sticker photo above for full option list)

Current miles: ~6,500
MSRP was $150,650
Over $180,000 total invested!! ($29k 3.0 battery!)

Picked this up two months ago from original owner. It had ~4,500 miles at that time. My friend and I documented our drive from Florida to Ohio in the car. You can see that blog post here:

ROAD TRIP: From Florida to Ohio in a 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport 3.0

Noteworthy details:
- Lowest mile 3.0/R80 currently on market
- Fully loaded car, ALL the carbon options
- Single owner car till I snagged it two months ago
- Brand new Continental Sport tires
- Clear bra (PPF) entire front of car
- Ceramic coating / Paint corrected
- Most pristine original Roadster I’ve seen in a long time— no flaws. Original owner had a climate controlled garage!
- CAC 195, 214 std charge - haven’t range charged in a while

Originally picked this up on a whim because the opportunity and timing were perfect. My wife subsequently fell in love with the car. However she doesn’t have the time to enjoy it and we want to consolidate sports cars. My loss is someone else’s gain— I’m going to sell this and my Audi R8 and have my eyes on a few cars. Need to slim the collection.

Hard to price such a car as it’s lower mileage and the 3.0/R80 make it unique compared to others on the market. Don’t plan to list it anywhere else for starters here only— we’ll see what happens.

Asking price:
$80,000 ... serious offers considered

it looks amazing. Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks.

Other things not mentioned: the car has OVMS 3.0 but have a friend who wants that so it will be included only if sold at/near asking price. Also have a set of Sharp CAN JR/SR adapters that would be sold (at discount) but aren’t otherwise included. Also, the car has a backup camera that wirelessly transmits to the stock JVC Head unit that is included so that is a bonus.

Lastly —- I have a post in the Roadster forums about aftermarket Enkei wheels. Those would be sold ($1,500+ cost!) separately just like the adapters. But again could be included- for the right price. Figured easier to start as a base deal and negotiate from there. ;)

Looks great, wish I didn’t miss the original owner selling. Bet you got a good deal. Why selling so soon? What I issues have you found?

No issues. Needed to replace the 12V battery as prior owner didn’t drive enough. Added a trickle charger for future long periods of rest. Car needed new tires after our drive home. But otherwise the car is seriously perfect. As you would expect for this low of miles on an R80 upgraded car. I’m open to offers FYI ;)

PS: Selling because the wife doesn’t feel she has the time to use it to justify the cost. I already have a sports car. We are a family of 3 so we don’t need two 2-seater sports cars and only have a two car garage. We don’t want four cars so we plan consolidate our garage a bit. May get back into another BMW i8 (we have a Tesla model S we are def keeping!!) — hope this answers your questions!

Thanks.

Other things not mentioned: the car has OVMS 3.0 but have a friend who wants that so it will be included only if sold at/near asking price. Also have a set of Sharp CAN JR/SR adapters that would be sold (at discount) but aren’t otherwise included. Also, the car has a backup camera that wirelessly transmits to the stock JVC Head unit that is included so that is a bonus.

Lastly —- I have a post in the Roadster forums about aftermarket Enkei wheels. Those would be sold ($1,500+ cost!) separately just like the adapters. But again could be included- for the right price. Figured easier to start as a base deal and negotiate from there. ;)

Awesome car! I’ve been following it since it was for sell in FL with the original owner.
Can you please share yiur wireless setup for the camera to the Stocked JVC. I’m having a hard time finding a wireless solution for the stocked stereo.

I saw your second ad to sell again. Good luck!

Thanks

FIRST OFF---
the car is SOLD --- just in case anyone is wondering-- new owner is on these boards, in Tulsa OK area--- so i hope he is enjoying the car! :)

SECOND---
Overall the backup camera did not work great but first, some links:

Camera used replaced the license plate light:
https://amzn.to/2mWVzvo

And wireless transmitter was this:
https://amzn.to/2nQZw5j

GOOD:
- Wireless meant no having to fish wires from back to radio
- Full color image transmitted wireless to head unit
- Install is fully reversible for any future owner if desired

BAD:
- No easy way to AUTOMATE the camera coming on (see below)
- Static/reception issues, very snow-filled image, sometimes no image at all
- Still a rather small image, but that is fault of the HU, not the camera

What I ended up doing was installing the camera in the license plate light spot. Routing the wires to the passenger brake light, and then splicing into the brake lights in a way that could be reversed. I found a 12V constant there, and used the reverse light as the 12V switch. So whenever the reverse lights were on, the transmitter would start to transmit. So that made it such that the camera signal only sent when in reverse. Retrospectively, if the camera could handle it, prob would have made send to be on all the time, just in case.

BIGGEST issue I had was the reverse wire, or lack there of, at the head unit. I was not sure where I could quickly and easily tap for reverse, so the problem was that you had to manually press a few buttons to bring up the camera. I forget what the button pressing was, but basically you had to put the car into reverse then manually bring up the camera on the JVC. So by that point you are holding up traffic, which was annoying. I wanted more automatic, but to do that, you have to find a REVERSE signal wire-- perhaps at the PRDN location? i never got that far with it--- that would have made this more turn key...

Second biggest issue was reception. Sometimes, the signal was "mediocre" and acceptable. Most of the time, it was jittery and snow filled. Worse case, a few times, it was just REALLY scrambled. Not sure if my placement location of the transmitter was the issue, or the fact the receiver was behind the radio in that metal-filled box area. Either way, it wasn't the BEST result here...

System worked but splotch and below my level of satisfaction -- hence why I never really shared it on the forums, sorry.

FIRST OFF---
the car is SOLD --- just in case anyone is wondering-- new owner is on these boards, in Tulsa OK area--- so i hope he is enjoying the car! :)

SECOND---
Overall the backup camera did not work great but first, some links:

Camera used replaced the license plate light:
https://amzn.to/2mWVzvo

And wireless transmitter was this:
https://amzn.to/2nQZw5j

GOOD:
- Wireless meant no having to fish wires from back to radio
- Full color image transmitted wireless to head unit
- Install is fully reversible for any future owner if desired

BAD:
- No easy way to AUTOMATE the camera coming on (see below)
- Static/reception issues, very snow-filled image, sometimes no image at all
- Still a rather small image, but that is fault of the HU, not the camera

What I ended up doing was installing the camera in the license plate light spot. Routing the wires to the passenger brake light, and then splicing into the brake lights in a way that could be reversed. I found a 12V constant there, and used the reverse light as the 12V switch. So whenever the reverse lights were on, the transmitter would start to transmit. So that made it such that the camera signal only sent when in reverse. Retrospectively, if the camera could handle it, prob would have made send to be on all the time, just in case.

BIGGEST issue I had was the reverse wire, or lack there of, at the head unit. I was not sure where I could quickly and easily tap for reverse, so the problem was that you had to manually press a few buttons to bring up the camera. I forget what the button pressing was, but basically you had to put the car into reverse then manually bring up the camera on the JVC. So by that point you are holding up traffic, which was annoying. I wanted more automatic, but to do that, you have to find a REVERSE signal wire-- perhaps at the PRDN location? i never got that far with it--- that would have made this more turn key...

Second biggest issue was reception. Sometimes, the signal was "mediocre" and acceptable. Most of the time, it was jittery and snow filled. Worse case, a few times, it was just REALLY scrambled. Not sure if my placement location of the transmitter was the issue, or the fact the receiver was behind the radio in that metal-filled box area. Either way, it wasn't the BEST result here...

System worked but splotch and below my level of satisfaction -- hence why I never really shared it on the forums, sorry.
Thank you, helpful feedback and I’ll continue to research for a better wireless solution.