Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2011 red Roadster 2.5 Sport. Impeccable condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some reason why you are not posting the link to your car for sale page at shift.com?

The shift.com listing has an error in it. It states that the car comes with the 240V charging cable that can charge at "72amp". That is incorrect. The max charge rate for that cable is 40 amps. See Tesla — Roadster Universal Mobile Connector - Available in North America Only

The listing also contains this statement "Put the car in performance mode by turning the key a second time,". Is that correct? On my 1.5 to put the car in performance mode you tap the VDS display battery icon when it shows the battery charge level and ideal miles range. Maybe I just wasn't aware that there was an alternate method of putting the car in Performance mode.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:
Is there some reason why you are not posting the link to your car for sale page at shift.com?

The shift.com listing has an error in it. It states that the car comes with the 240V charging cable that can charge at "72amp". That is incorrect. The max charge rate for that cable is 40 amps. See Tesla — Roadster Universal Mobile Connector - Available in North America Only

The listing also contains this statement "Put the car in performance mode by turning the key a second time,". Is that correct? On my 1.5 to put the car in performance mode you tap the VDS display battery icon when it shows the battery charge level and ideal miles range. Maybe I just wasn't aware that there was an alternate method of putting the car in Performance mode.

Good luck with your sale.
Yes it's true can go into performance mode by turning key again or touching display
Yes it comes with high capacity wall unit that charges 240 volt 72 amps
It's not the umc connector
I thought most people could type shift.com into browser.

I believe on 2.0+ cars, the key can be turned after the car is on to quickly enter performance mode. This was the case on my 2.5 #1213, but upon frequently borrowing a friend's Signature 100, #94, I noticed this feature is NOT included. That leads me to think 1.5's can't do this.

Yes it's true can go into performance mode by turning key again or touching display
Yes it comes with high capacity wall unit that charges 240 volt 72 amps
It's not the umc connector
I thought most people could type shift.com into browser.
Okay, thanks for explaining that.

I didn't mean to question your veracity, I only thought that the shift.com ad contained incorrect information and suspected that the shift.com salesperson was at fault (the ad text contains some of their standard Roadster text that I've seen in many of their Roadster ads). When I read the ad stating the charging items that come with the car, quote "a choice of two chargers—the standard 110v and the speedy 72 amp 240v.", I incorrectly interpreted that as meaning the 240V UMC cable I linked to in the Tesla store. I did not read it as the Roadster HPC because those words were not used. I might be helpful to sellers to state that specifically, since that adds real value and utility to the car. I see very few Roadsters for sale that have the HPC. I have one and I love it.

As to my question about using two key turns to put the car into Performance mode, I posed that as a question and did not say that the ad description was wrong. Please review the last sentence in my post above. I have never owned a 2.0/2.5 car, and as @DeedWest noted above, the 1.5 cars don't behave that way. So I learned something today. ;)

Good luck with your sale!

Last edited:
Why do you respond to little shop talk and no respond to a possible buyer?
I ask for you to call or email me with not results. You say call me without a #. I do not live next door to shout to you. This is the last time I will try to communicate with you, Call - 260-639-3012 - [email protected]
The seller already posted (see below) that the sales person at shift.com would contact you. He is selling the car through that company, he is not selling it directly. And of course you could always go to the shift.com website and communicate with them yourself. I am unclear as to why you are so upset, but you are unlikely to make a favorable impression in your current state.
I have just given your e mail and phone to Matt at shift.com. I hope he will call you and get pictures to you. If he doesn't then let me know tomorrow

Why do you respond to little shop talk and no respond to a possible buyer?
I ask for you to call or email me with not results. You say call me without a #. I do not live next door to shout to you. This is the last time I will try to communicate with you, Call - 260-639-3012 - [email protected]
Ok this is silly now. To claim I have not been responsive to you goes against the record. I had spent over 20 minutes trying to talk you through finding the URL for shift without success. I also tried to describe finding the listing on autotrader without success. Look back in thread I emailed you the listing pictures and asked you to let me know if you didn't get the pictures...no response from you. I have also watched you post offers to buy multiple cars roadsters and model S on this thread. No matter the car price or options you public ally offer at least 5,000 to 10,000 dollars below the price. I can only assume that you are not a serious buyer and recommend you move on to other listings. Thank you for your interest

Last edited:
Ok this is silly now. To claim I have not been responsive to you goes against the record. I had spent over 20 minutes trying to talk you through finding the URL for shift without success. I also tried to describe finding the listing on autotrader without success. Look back in thread I emailed you the listing pictures and asked you to let me know if you didn't get the pictures...no response from you. I have also watched you post offers to buy multiple cars roadsters and model S on this thread. No matter the car price or options you public ally offer at least 5,000 to 10,000 dollars below the price. I can only assume that you are not a serious buyer and recommend you move on to other listings. Thank you for your interest

It only took me about 20 seconds to find it on Shift. If someone can't do that, then the Roadster is way to complicated to own.

It only took me about 20 seconds to find it on Shift. If someone can't do that, then the Roadster is way to complicated to own.

Just for kicks, I went over there to take a look. Yup. Found it and a very long list of checkpoints passed on the car very easily.

Funny comment, Mlauto, because, well, it's true, LOL.

Oh, great license plate! Well played! ;)