Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2011 Red Roadster Sport being Auctioned. Minimum bid $82K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the following email today and thought I would share it with the group:

"We have a 2011 red 2 dr. convertible sport Tesla with black interior in our new sale. It's
located in Los Gatos, CA, but comes with free nationwide delivery. It's locked up in
federal storage, and will be sold on February 14. The MSRP is $128,500, and the bank
will take the highest offer over $82,000. For full details, see unit #3101 at Virginia RV Help-U-Sell.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Randy Gilbert"

The listing can be found by following this link Repossessions - Virginia RV Help U Sell and scrolling down to listing 3101.
I am not affiliated with this company and can not vouch for them.

Before I decided to purchase my Roadster new I would be on the look out for used Roadsters and came across one listed from this company. I decided not to bid on it at that time because it didn't have the options I wanted. This is a large transaction so I am not sure how comfortable I would be to do it with a company I wasn't familiar with. That being said they do seem to be legit to me but everyone of course has to make their own assessment.

All the best,

Warrenbonz

This may be the one I heard about that was seized in a drug arrest. Tesla though it was gone out of country as they had lost track of it for a few years. If it is the one I heard about, it has low miles but what about that battery?

Made the same offer and got this reply:

Lloyd,

The bank minimum for this car is $82,000.
While high offers are updated daily below the inventory on the repo page
of my website, they are not on the last day, as it becomes a blind auction.
Most serious buyers will make their best offers on that day.
If you are serious about this car, please make your best offer over the
posted high on February 14.
Thanks,

Randy Gilbert

It might be, but their auction rules are kind of different. You can't see it or inspect it until you are the successful bidder, then you have the right to opt out. So you have to bid assuming that it might need work or repairs. No real history either.

I am very wary.

It might be, but their auction rules are kind of different. You can't see it or inspect it until you are the successful bidder, then you have the right to opt out. So you have to bid assuming that it might need work or repairs. No real history either.

I am very wary.

On the plus side, there might be a whole brick of something nice tucked away in the vehicle. You may recoup your costs and then some.