Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - Every Option + 3.0 (R80) Battery & 3 Year Warranty (9,950 Miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DeedWest

2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport
Feb 5, 2014
Dallas, TX
I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who owns this car, as he requested my help in posting & facilitating the potential sale of the vehicle. He prefers not to post the car directly, so I was happy to help find this remarkable car a new home.

We're still waiting on the window sticker, but based on similar cars I've seen, this sticker is $158,045 + $32,000 (R80 Upgrade) + $2,900 (Xenon Headlamp Retrofit). It has almost every single option possible. This is the finest Roadster I've ever been lucky enough to drive a few times (and I have driven 14 separate Roadsters on separate occasions).

The owner owns several Teslas and bought this completed Roadster from Tesla directly to enjoy & compare to his 2008 Roadster. He's put roughly 2,500 miles on the car. It was apparently never titled, as it remained an inventory car and a test car for the 3.0 battery in San Francisco. The battery's serial number is 008.

IMG_4048.jpeg

- One-Owner. Clean Title. No Accidents.
- VIN 1266
- 9,950 Miles (R80 Battery evidently installed around 7,000 Miles)
- 2011 2.5 Sport
- Fusion Red Paint (freshly 4-stage paint-corrected)
- Exterior Clear Coat Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Executive Beige Interior + Clear Coat Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Black Forged 2.5 Wheels
- Infotainment Group (Double-DIN...7-Speaker Audio + Bluetooth, Subwoofer, HomeLink, etc.)
- Paint Armor
- 120V Spare Mobile Connector (new in box...Tesla replaced this before his purchase)
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires ($380 Installed) on rear (excellent tread)
- Battery CAC is around 193.
- Charges to 208 Miles in Standard Mode (77%). He has not Range Charged it.
++++ 3.0 (R80) Battery Upgrade ($32,000 Installed). Offers 340+ miles of range.
++++ The R80 Upgrade has a 3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS AND LABOR ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPGRADE. THIS COVERS THE ENTIRE BATTERY AND PEM, ACCORDING TO THE SERVICE CENTER.
++++ Xenon Headlamp Retrofit ($2,900 Installed). Installed on October 7th.
++++ Pioneer SPH-DA120 with Apple CarPlay Headunit + Pioneer Backup Camera ($1,000 Installed). Much better than the original Alpine unit. The new Pioneer camera was retrofitted into the existing housing.
++++ Annual Service Completed July 27, 2017. Clean PEM & bill of health.

He requested that I simply ask for offers on the car. It's such a rare vehicle with the options that it has, that we just weren't sure what to price it at. The last fully-optioned 2.5 Sport with an R80 and Xenon Retrofit went for $119,888 (VIN 1232), so that's about the only similar one I have information on.

This just might be the cleanest and most complete version of the Roadster on the market. If you're looking for the finest example without having to change or upgrade a single thing, plus the convenience of a 36,000 mile warranty, this is one hell of a car.

Feel free to ask any questions or private message me directly. When he's back in town later today, he offered to let me take some more photos of the car.

EDIT: Found the window sticker on an early review of the car, which can be viewed HERE.

IMG_4042.jpeg

Up-close shot of the Xenons after install.

IMG_3565.jpeg

A photo right after the six-hour paint correction.

IMG_4029.jpeg

A photo from the service center right after the Xenon Retrofit was installed.

IMG_4081.jpeg

A photo next to a Model X.

IMG_2432.jpg

Interior shot

IMG_2433.jpg

Interior shot #2.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: copyhacker
Wow, what a car!
It was apparently never titled, as it remained an inventory car and a test car for the 3.0 battery in San Francisco.
I am also confused. How can a car not be "titled" and yet driven 10K miles?

The only explanation I can think of was that this car was always owned by Tesla and had MFG plates, and driven by Tesla employees.

Is there some other explanation?

there is a lot of confusing information in your post.. you say the car was never titled yet it you say it is a one owner car and you say he only drove 2500 miles yet the car has 10,000 miles??

also i didnt know tesla sold uncompleted roadsters. interesting.

Good question! I suppose I didn't make that clear. As stated, we heard this was an inventory car up until 7,600 miles. And yes, @ecarfan, you are right. It was evidently driven as a demo car & test car for the 3.0 battery by Tesla, and was never titled. The owner purchased it at 7,600 miles, titled and registered it in Texas, and has since driven it to about 10,000 miles. Thus, it has one-owner. According to our service center, it was one of the last, if not LAST inventory, non-titled Roadsters in existence.

As for your "uncompleted Roadsters" comment, I'm not sure what you're referring to, but my mention of it being the "most complete" is referring to the car having every option and looking like a completed car. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Carfax says two owners and that it has been titled. It was registered as a personal lease vehicle and then sold at auction in April. Again, not disputing anything your saying, just listing what Carfax says. You might want to contact them and get information corrected.

The owner owns several Teslas and bought this completed Roadster from Tesla directly to enjoy & compare to his 2008 Roadster. He's put roughly 2,500 miles on the car. It was apparently never titled, as it remained an inventory car and a test car for the 3.0 battery in San Francisco.
I think the source of the confusion is the way you worded that paragraph.
I suppose I didn't make that clear. As stated, we heard this was an inventory car up until 7,600 miles. And yes, @ecarfan, you are right. It was evidently driven as a demo car & test car for the 3.0 battery by Tesla, and was never titled. The owner purchased it at 7,600 miles, titled and registered it in Texas, and has since driven it to about 10,000 miles. Thus, it has one-owner.
Okay, that makes sense.
Carfax says two owners and that it has been titled. It was registered as a personal lease vehicle and then sold at auction in April.
Or not...:cool:

I find all this confusion over the confusion about the number of owners to be quite confusing ... not to mention, pointless ... I don't really care if there was one owner or two, I'd just like to know what is a fair price ... anyone care to speculate about that?

I find all this confusion over the confusion about the number of owners to be quite confusing ... not to mention, pointless ... I don't really care if there was one owner or two, I'd just like to know what is a fair price ... anyone care to speculate about that?

I posted here for a friend to hopefully get a fair idea from fellow owners...but as TMC has responded in its historical manner, the owner has moved onto a public listing on major sites. We are still open to offers on here, in case anyone is interested. Thanks!

I posted here for a friend to hopefully get a fair idea from fellow owners ...but the owner has moved onto a public listing on major sites.
my problem is I'm not a "fellow owner", at least not of a Roadster, hence don't have a "fair idea" ... or any idea for that matter ... but I am interested ... can you direct me to one or more of the public listings please?

Wow, what a car!
I am also confused. How can a car not be "titled" and yet driven 10K miles?

The only explanation I can think of was that this car was always owned by Tesla and had MFG plates, and driven by Tesla employees.

Is there some other explanation?
I own a car dealership. I just sold an SL550, I owned and drove it on my dealer tags for 3 years and never titled it because it was in our inventory.

• Informative
Reactions: DeedWest
I heard Roadsters can't use superchargers, so how long does it take to charge a R80?

If you were at 0, the rate varies based on amps. The Roadster can accept a max of 70A, which is roughly 62 miles an hour of charge, I believe.
That being said, a full charge from 0 to 330ish miles in an R80 would be about 5-5.5 hours of charge time on 70A.