Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S 85 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale: 2012 Green Tesla Model S

I'm selling my much beloved 2012 (vin 001590) Model S. We have a 90D and can't justify two right now, so making the hard choice to sell. Car was delivered in December 2012 and is in good shape.

73K miles
  • Garage stored, one owner, no smoking
  • 85kWh battery
  • FREE supercharging for the life of the vehicle (can't get that anymore!)
  • Extended warranty to 100K miles
  • Battery warranty unlimited miles through 2020
  • All glass panoramic sun roof
  • Tan leather seats
  • Upgraded technology package
  • Air suspension
  • New universal mobile connector (I have a wall connector and the UMC is brand new, never been used)
  • Snow tires (currently on the vehicle), four all season tires (not a lot left in them, but may as well sweeten the deal), plus two extra 19” rims in new condition
  • Removable eco-hitch with 2” receiver (for bike rack) added after market.
**Signature chrome badging due to the early VIN, though not a signature car making this a rare vehicle**

Asking $40,000

Car is located in Weston, CT; about 50 miles outside of NYC. I work in NYC and have an office in Philly, so can easily deliver, or buyer can pay shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.JPG
    IMG_2482.JPG
    511.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2484.JPG
    IMG_2484.JPG
    480.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    487.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 127
I charge to 90% daily, at 228 miles. Haven't full charged in a few years; so no idea what that would be. Maintenance-wise mostly nothing to report.

All records for the car are in the My Tesla section of the site, and I presume transfer with the car. If not, I can download and provide to a buyer.

Upgrades along the way include the undercarriage cover, updated windshield to enable ezPass being picked up, defroster update.

Other maintenance was a new door handle on rear left door (it just stopped one day), and the drive inverter last summer. Also had to have the plastic on the front bumper replaced due to a flying Christmas tree striking the vehicle (yeah, that actually happened - came detached from a car in front of me). The car is in the list for the Takata recall, but haven't scheduled. Also, scuffed two rims, but have two new ones which I'm including in the sale; but didn't think was worth putting on the car at this point.

I've done all recommended updates or service along the way.

That help?

I have a so-called "A" battery. Not sure of any issues. I believe the SuperCharging rates are slightly lower, but I've never had an issue of rate, and since the system ramps up and down it is a tough thing to measure I suspect.

Do you know what batter pack you have? I read some early cars had battery issues, but that many were replaced. I am an interested buyer at your posted price.

I have a so-called "A" battery. Not sure of any issues. I believe the SuperCharging rates are slightly lower, but I've never had an issue of rate, and since the system ramps up and down it is a tough thing to measure I suspect.

I've had no issues with "A" battery myself. As far as supercharger rate, I understand 90kw is max rate for A, but when discussing with other newer Tesla owners I have not really noticed a rate difference. Probably due to ramp down. I have yet to run into another user at a supercharger getting greater then 90kw, but I'm sure it happens somewhere.

Ok, this is good to know - thanks. If I buy the car, I will want to see the range after a 100% charge. I expect other interested parties would want to see this too. My 70D has lost about 3% in the past 12 months, but your car has more miles and a lot more batter cycles on the clock. If you can, please post a pic of the 100% charge range. Thanks

Ok, this is good to know - thanks. If I buy the car, I will want to see the range after a 100% charge. I expect other interested parties would want to see this too. My 70D has lost about 3% in the past 12 months, but your car has more miles and a lot more batter cycles on the clock. If you can, please post a pic of the 100% charge range. Thanks
I'll range charge today and see what I get.