Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S P85 Battery Replacement Receipt - sharing is caring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The battery label actually has all the details. Based on your range, the battery appears to be the new 350volt - 85kwh battery
PXL_20210410_010820199.jpg

Reactions: HappyDude
Thanks. It is the new 350 volt architecture.
the first new battery of this sort was listed as 85kwh and with the same part number with ‘A’ and gives a range of about 285. This is the ‘B’ revision. The A part had about 89 kWh in capacity, so it may be the exact same, just appropriately renamed as a 90khw.

Thanks. It is the new 350 volt architecture.
the first new battery of this sort was listed as 85kwh and with the same part number with ‘A’ and gives a range of about 285. This is the ‘B’ revision. The A part had about 89 kWh in capacity, so it may be the exact same, just appropriately renamed as a 90khw.
Yah I've never fully charged it, nor did the p.o. who bought the battery. He did say that it should do 285 at 100% charge though, so anecdotally speaking that matches.

Just thinking outloud for sh&ts and giggles.... What happens if you happen to get a flat, accidentally jack the car in the wrong spot, or bottom out and destroy the battery....
Will insurance cover it?
Not that I am suggesting it of course.

Just thinking outloud for sh&ts and giggles.... What happens if you happen to get a flat, accidentally jack the car in the wrong spot, or bottom out and destroy the battery....
Will insurance cover it?
Not that I am suggesting it of course.

I'm not sure insurance covers ignorance, but hey what do I know; I don't work for a insurance company. Why not run this hypothetical question through them?

With that said, if you hit something while driving that causes a catastrophic repair (battery), doesn't insurance cover that? I thought I sawa post somewhere on the forums indicating it would be covered. Again, I'm not sure...

Am I the only one who noticed they only charged 24 minutes of labor?

If that’s really all they used, that’s nuts.

Back in the day (sigh) that was part of my justification for getting a Tesla-- that the labor charges to replace the two non-DIY-friendly and most expensive components would be under an hour each (battery pack and drive unit).

The second part of my justification and what I was counting on was that the price of those two components would fall over time as production ramped... Meaning that the car would be indefinitely serviceable; refurbished periodically like an aircraft is. I'm still hoping that the costs will fall into reason for those two procedures and am hoping (sorry guys) that as the 2013s come off warranty this year they force the issue.

At this point I'd guess maybe 10K cars are off warranty at the most... but that'll triple by years' end, mirroring the production ramp through end of year 2013.

Back in the day (sigh) that was part of my justification for getting a Tesla-- that the labor charges to replace the two non-DIY-friendly and most expensive components would be under an hour each (battery pack and drive unit).

The second part of my justification and what I was counting on was that the price of those two components would fall over time as production ramped... Meaning that the car would be indefinitely serviceable; refurbished periodically like an aircraft is. I'm still hoping that the costs will fall into reason for those two procedures and am hoping (sorry guys) that as the 2013s come off warranty this year they force the issue.

At this point I'd guess maybe 10K cars are off warranty at the most... but that'll triple by years' end, mirroring the production ramp through end of year 2013.
I'd like to see that (bolded item) as well, with an aluminum body of course so corrosion isn't an issue. A stainless steel Cybertruck would work as well. I own a 2017 Volt. The first Gen1's are now 10 years old and battery failures are being reported with an $11k-$12k replacement cost, effectively totaling the car. Battery replacement costs need to either come way down, or we need to have a proven, durable battery to make an aircraft style of long life happen.

Reactions: Hank42
35% +/- 5% (we're pulling mid-90kW).

At 35% charge, it's pulling 94kW
At 40% charge, it's pulling 89kW
At 60% charge, it's pulling 72kW
At 70% charge, it's pulling 60kW
At 80% charge, it's pulling 44kW (just stopped charging)
Thanks for your thread. We just replaced our out of warranty battery with the upgrade from 2012 Signature Edition iteration 85kWh to the latest version available nee 90kWh battery and so far like the improved range and charging. I just picked it up yesterday (Earth Day 2021) so haven't tried V3 charging yet. This morning after sitting outside, unplugged, and minimal preconditioning at 44%SOC I got 110 kW on a V2 Supercharger here in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The cabin temp was 40° (Fahrenheit) when I turned on the climate control to prep the car. This is a new pack with a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. Total cost installed ~$22,000.

Attachments

• 20210412_091654.jpg
    20210412_091654.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 20210423_142851.jpg
    20210423_142851.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20210423-105337_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210423-105337_Tesla.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 128
Thanks for your thread. We just replaced our out of warranty battery with the upgrade from 2012 Signature Edition iteration 85kWh to the latest version available nee 90kWh battery and so far like the improved range and charging. I just picked it up yesterday (Earth Day 2021) so haven't tried V3 charging yet. This morning after sitting outside, unplugged, and minimal preconditioning at 44%SOC I got 110 kW on a V2 Supercharger here in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The cabin temp was 40° (Fahrenheit) when I turned on the climate control to prep the car. This is a new pack with a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. Total cost installed ~$22,000.

Those are 270 'rated' miles, right?

I guess I can appreciate that my climate (?) is what drives mine up closer to 300 miles.

Reactions: Jason Bloomberg