Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S P85 Signature Red - Edmonton, Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zapped

Model S - PURE EV
Aug 8, 2012
Work<->Home
With some reluctance I have decided to sell my 2012 Model S Signature Red P85. I'm the original owner, have enjoyed the car immensely and mostly driven summer months on paved roads only. It has a recent full service inspection, motor was replaced ( 2018) and battery (2020) so it should be good well past the warranty period that expires Dec 2020.

FEATURES
Signature Red with full XPEL wrap
Carbon fiber interior and nose cone
Sun roof
21" wheels / Michelin tires
Recent upgraded infotainment MCU
Free supercharging
Warranty to Dec, 2020
111,854 km

UPGRADES
MCU Infotainment system
suspension front and rear
new rear tires 2020
motor replaced 6/2018
HV battery + 12 V battery replaced 7/2020

Asking $55k CND

Please message me with any questions.
Thanks
Ron

With some reluctance I have decided to sell my 2012 Model S Signature Red P85. I'm the original owner, have enjoyed the car immensely and mostly driven summer months on paved roads only. It has a recent full service inspection, motor was replaced ( 2018) and battery (2020) so it should be good well past the warranty period that expires Dec 2020.

FEATURES
Signature Red with full XPEL wrap
Carbon fiber interior and nose cone
Sun roof
21" wheels / Michelin tires
Recent upgraded infotainment MCU
Free supercharging
Warranty to Dec, 2020
111,854 km

UPGRADES
MCU Infotainment system
suspension front and rear
new rear tires 2020
motor replaced 6/2018
HV battery + 12 V battery replaced 7/2020

Asking $55k CND

Please message me with any questions.
Thanks
Ron

Hope a bump helps enough to balance my non-sale question: why was your HV battery replaced? Symptoms? Your experience could be a useful data point in the battery-gate, charge-gate situation, especially with relatively low miles (kms).

GLWS!

• Helpful
Reactions: Zapped
Hope a bump helps enough to balance my non-sale question: why was your HV battery replaced? Symptoms? Your experience could be a useful data point in the battery-gate, charge-gate situation, especially with relatively low miles (kms).

GLWS!
I had just finished charging to 90% and after getting into the car I was suddenly getting error messages which I thought was the 12 V battery at first. Tesla confirmed there was an issue with the HV battery but did not say why.

Here are my battery stats:
  1. Could still charge to approx. 390 - 400 km ( 240 - 250 miles)
  2. Supercharging about 10% of the 111,000 km ( 69,000 miles ) otherwise 220V 30 A at home
  3. Car stored in heated garage in winter, plugged in at work when I drove it ( drove a truck is -20 C or snow )
  4. Didn't try to beat other cars at a stop light. ( very often , just normal )
In talking to other TESLA owners, it didn't seem like battery degradation was the issue. Guessing some sudden internal electronic failure.

Can you add some pictures?

That signature red is a beautiful color!
Thanks, Here are some photos. I'll add some more from the other side.
Sunroof.jpg
Back Seat.jpg
Front Inside.jpg
Front Left.jpg
Front Seats.jpg
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg

How did you get the Infotainment upgrade on a 2012 Signature Model S? I didn't think it was offered yet for pre-AP cars? I'm actually planning to upgrade my 2012 Sig Red Model S, a cousin of you car apparently, once it's offered locally.

Infotainment Upgrade

View attachment 576132
Seems the Tesla website didn’t get updated ? since I had the upgrade installed last week.
The upgrade makes the car feel new again.(minus autopilot)
Hopefully you’ll have it soon.

Seems the Tesla website didn’t get updated ? since I had the upgrade installed last week.
The upgrade makes the car feel new again.(minus autopilot)
Hopefully you’ll have it soon.

Yours just might be the first pre-AP car with the infotainment upgrade! Congrats and thanks for clarifying. I just saw through the service option on the Tesla app the Infotainment Upgrade is a 30-60 delay due to parts shortage. Who knows what that will actually be in Tesla time.

I love these Sig Red cars. With a new battery, XPEL, regular maintenance, your car is a great option. I know people like new shiny things, but I think these cars hold their age quite well. Only thing I miss is foldable mirrors and parking sensors. I have FSD on a Model 3 and rarely use it. I’m planning on keeping my Sig Red for the long haul.

Someone will enjoy your car! GLWS!

Yours just might be the first pre-AP car with the infotainment upgrade! Congrats and thanks for clarifying. I just saw through the service option on the Tesla app the Infotainment Upgrade is a 30-60 delay due to parts shortage. Who knows what that will actually be in Tesla time.

I love these Sig Red cars. With a new battery, XPEL, regular maintenance, your car is a great option. I know people like new shiny things, but I think these cars hold their age quite well. Only thing I miss is foldable mirrors and parking sensors. I have FSD on a Model 3 and rarely use it. I’m planning on keeping my Sig Red for the long haul.

Thanks, your comments are making me having second thoughts........... ;)

I sold my beloved Tessie today to a great guy who loves G-forces. He gave Tessie a workout on various freeway onramps south of Los Angeles. Urban area, no place to do a drag strip launch. He's a hot rodder from way back. He also loved the one-pedal driving. He'd never been in a Tesla before. The car has over 42,000 miles and is in excellent condition. $55,000. Soon, I will go shopping for a Raven MS Performance. Keep the fun coming, Mr. Musk.

They have begun doing several pre-AP cars here in Dallas. A friend of mine with a 2013 P85 just got his done. I would ask your local SC to see if they can get you in for it.

Reactions: shrink
They have begun doing several pre-AP cars here in Dallas. A friend of mine with a 2013 P85 just got his done. I would ask your local SC to see if they can get you in for it.

Thanks for the info! Below is the message I just got via the app.

OP - don't mean to hijack your thread. But hopefully we're helping point out your car as a really nice (and currently rare) upgrade!

IMG_1912.jpeg