Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S P85, Signature Red - Los Angeles, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ben W

2008 Roadster, 2017 M3, 2022 MY
Feb 27, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
Own a piece of history! I'm offering one of the first 100 Model S sedans ever made, and one of very few in Signature Red. After nearly 10 years of very happy ownership, I am reluctantly parting with this car, to purchase a new Model Y. Asking $42,069. (OBO.)

Basic specs:

- Model S Signature, 85kWh Performance
- Signature Red exterior, White interior (rare limited-edition combination)
- ~77,000 miles (adding ~30mi/day)
- Free Supercharging for Life (verified transferable)
- Tech Package
- Smart Air Suspension
- Factory Paint-Protection Film
- Heated front seats
- Panoramic Glass sunroof
- Carbon-Fiber Spoiler
- 21” Silver Turbine wheels
- 4G LTE free premium lifetime connectivity
- Upgraded higher-res center display
- Mobile charging connector
- Two keys

Other details:

- VIN: 5YJSA1DP9CFS00061 (Signature #61)
- Original owner, clean title, no accidents, very good condition
- Minor scrape/ding on right rear fender (see pix)
- 85kWh battery, remanufactured under warranty around 2018
- Range at 100% charge: 243mi (Originally 265mi)
- Transmission rebuilt under warranty in 2015
- Sunroof rebuilt under extended warranty in 2020
- Carbon-fiber spoiler replaced in 2021
- Windshield replaced in 2021 (pebble)
- Newly replaced TPMS and tires (Continental Sport P245/35R21)
- Front speakers replaced in 2022

Happy to answer any questions about the car. Hoping that it finds a wonderful new home!

IMG_8520.jpgIMG_8519.jpgIMG_8522.jpgIMG_8518.jpgIMG_8521.jpgModelS_Hawthorne.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a new member so PMs haven't been enabled yet for me, happy to keep it on the thread if you are! Long time lurker, happy to officially be a part of the community! Do you have interior pictures? On other cream colored sigs I've seen varying degrees of wear on the side bolsters and leather door panels, would love to see those pictures and of both screens if it isn't too much trouble

Have you gotten any quotes to remove that quarter panel dent?
The “transmission rebuild” you reference, is this the RDU bearing issue being fixed?

Aside from that dent it looks like it is in pretty good condition. 👍

Have you gotten any quotes to remove that quarter panel dent?
The “transmission rebuild” you reference, is this the RDU bearing issue being fixed?

Aside from that dent it looks like it is in pretty good condition. 👍
I think it was probably the RDU bearing issue, seems like a lot of the early cars had the same thing go wrong. Will try to get detailed service records to confirm.

I got a quote of around $1500 to fix the quarter panel; no new parts needed, just pop out the dent and repaint the panels. And yes, other than that it's in great shape!

Reactions: buckets0fun
I think it was probably the RDU bearing issue, seems like a lot of the early cars had the same thing go wrong. Will try to get detailed service records to confirm.

I got a quote of around $1500 to fix the quarter panel; no new parts needed, just pop out the dent and repaint the panels. And yes, other than that it's in great shape!

You should pull copies of all service records while you still own the car to provide to the future owner because once you transfer the car over, they will never have access to the records again (fyi).

Reactions: ATXWheels and Ben W
You should pull copies of all service records while you still own the car to provide to the future owner because once you transfer the car over, they will never have access to the records again (fyi).
Good advice. I just submitted an online Data Privacy information request (this is only available to California residents apparently), which covers the years 2018-2022, and also sent an email to [email protected] requesting the earlier records from 2012-2017. (I had hard copies of some but not all.) Hopefully there won't be too long of a delay!

Reactions: TwistedGray
Good advice. I just submitted an online Data Privacy information request (this is only available to California residents apparently), which covers the years 2018-2022, and also sent an email to [email protected] requesting the earlier records from 2012-2017. (I had hard copies of some but not all.) Hopefully there won't be too long of a delay!
Odd. I just got a response from the Data Privacy information request, but all it contained was a list of dates when the car was in for service; no invoices or details about what was actually done. (Although they also attached megabytes of low-level telemetry, presumably from logs they pulled, but only covering the past 18 months.) Hopefully the request I sent directly to [email protected] will yield more useful results! I've written back to clarify that the service invoices are what I'm looking for.

Reactions: ATXWheels
Odd. I just got a response from the Data Privacy information request, but all it contained was a list of dates when the car was in for service; no invoices or details about what was actually done. (Although they also attached megabytes of low-level telemetry, presumably from logs they pulled, but only covering the past 18 months.) Hopefully the request I sent directly to [email protected] will yield more useful results! I've written back to clarify that the service invoices are what I'm looking for.

You might have better/faster response simply by contacting the local service center (always a coin flip though)

You might have better/faster response simply by contacting the local service center (always a coin flip though)
I tried (Santa Barbara SC), but they just referred me directly to the Data Privacy online form and the privacy@tesla email. I got the sense that if I were to request a specific invoice from a specific date (from that specific SC) they might be able to provide it, but that they wouldn't be able or willing to blanket send me all of them. Still waiting to hear back from privacy@tesla.

I tried (Santa Barbara SC), but they just referred me directly to the Data Privacy online form and the privacy@tesla email. I got the sense that if I were to request a specific invoice from a specific date (from that specific SC) they might be able to provide it, but that they wouldn't be able or willing to blanket send me all of them. Still waiting to hear back from privacy@tesla.
It's strange that as the original owner that they cannot easily pull that for you. Lol, try another shop *ring ring*. Or show up in person? I've always had luck at the one local to me when asking them to run VIN for me to pull SC codes.